Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Advice for fixing front-end?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check around at a few shops,its hard to tell exactly how bad it is in the pics,could be about right,frame time is a little higher than body n paint rates,just make sure the shop you use has a good rep.,you can negotiate the price most of the time,cause they want your buisness now n in the future,the quote i told you was based on minor pull.if you feel comfortable with that shop call em and ask if they could come down on the price and always check around.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Teching In

I would definately check around seems pricey for just a slight tweak on the framerail. They have a machine they stick it up on-it isn't as much work from the pics as that price seems to me I have a good friend who owns a body shop and have watched them work on one before.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Yeah i thought so, and there "rep" is hit and miss mainly. People saying ++++ stuff and another furious about there business with them.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-29330277...ls?tab=reviews

If anyone has good rep with a shop around 78132 please let me know lol.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

dont see much crumple in those rails.....so not a bad price...seems the rad support took most of the beating......shop around for a good frame shop......look for a ICAR shop
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
dont see much crumple in those rails.....so not a bad price...seems the rad support took most of the beating......shop around for a good frame shop......look for a ICAR shop
It's got a shop appointment tomorrow morning, dropping her off for a few days and they should bend/mold everything back into shape.

Ill update tomorrow
Old 04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Launching!

So i got a call Tuesday night with a guy saying he had a front end, i was skeptical because out of the 10+ people that have contacted me with one, I end up going out to look and its straight up trashed.

Gave it one more chance and drove about an hour away, and amazingly find a NBM front clip (mostly) sitting in a pile of metal. I snag it up for $200 and was on my way! Got it home, sanded all the the rust spots off with some 50grit and hit it up with some Rustoleum.

Going to do a light re-sand with some higher grit and 1 more coat once it dries. Hauling it to the body shop where my car is at afterwards. Hopefully she'll be back on the road within a few weeks

Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

good deal,shouldnt be to long and youll be driveing that bitch!

Quick Reply: Advice for fixing front-end?