Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

worth fixing? c5 vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bag deployment is what i think the killer is.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by datenbrick
The bag deployment is what i think the killer is.
Yes $$ wise It's the killer
Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Whistler
That looks like about a 6-8,000 hit to me shooting from the hip. You can defiantely save some $$ gathering up the parts yourself used from the forums and specialty salvage yards.

You can probably get a good shop to spray the front clip and blend the door for about 1,000. Most frame shops have a 4 hr minimum, I'd expect the frame work to cost you $200-400

I'd part it out persoanlly. Youll make a profit doing so.. then you can take that $$ plus whatever yould dump into this one to fix it, and buy one that doesnt have a salvage title. If it werent for the salvage title it'd be worth fixing IMO but theres just too many inexpensive C5s already out there to mess with one thats branded as such.

Whatever you do.. good luck with it!
+1 its better to return them the car or part it out.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Launching!

sounds like it could get costly even with doing some of the work yourself. Im pretty sure c5's with decent mileage aren't too pricey these days. Good luck man!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the frame can be "cold" pulled than you shouldnt worry at all about frame strength loss, a little heat here and there is fine but if a GOOD frame guy has to heat it alot, you got to ask wheres the point of junking it, if its to the point where theres a **** done of flame going all over the frame than you shouldnt even use the frame.

as for parts and suspension wise, never think anything is good, little things pop up all over the farther you get fixing. and trust me things always come up, ive fixes a number of big hit cars they all seem ok at first hahahaha

as for the drivers fender if its miss aligned only because of the frame, its swayed prettttty good, but IMO a good experienced frame guy will be able to pull it

start pulling the front end apart and make yourself a list of the parts you need and find them yourself, make sure to go though with a fine tooth comb

me personally id fix it

Quick Reply: worth fixing? c5 vette