Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

experts need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011 | 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Default experts need your opinion

ok i have a questions for you body guys.
i have an 02ss, the one thats in my sig. the car came apart last year and i sold the turbo kit. well im really to start building it again. problem the car was totaled, i bought it and then sold it. and bought it back.lol well in the process it was "fixed" well the body was fixed, but the rear subframe is fucked and the front is tweeked. i understand everyone is going to say give up and sell it.lol
but i have a front and rear subframe to swap into the car. how big of a pain in the *** is this going to be and will the car ever be right?
i would like to keep it, it has low mileage and is a nice car minus this problem and i really want it turbo'd again. thanks in advance

Last edited by lifeisgood; 04-20-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2011 | 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

unless you know a buddy thats really good at body and most importantly frame work its not going to be worth it,but what youll have to do is get it pulled on the frame machine,front and back and before you put the new one in.the car is a unibody car so theirs going to be alot of drilling out spot welds and useing a air chisel to get the section you need out then youll need to test fit the new peice get it right then weld it up. youll also need to probably use seam sealer in the seams,and youll need to use corrosion protection thoughout the process.(if you know a body man get them to look at it, it may not be as bad as your descibing)after you get it pulled, you can fix it but dont rush it or youll regret it!
Old 04-20-2011 | 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

its pretty bad.lol and my father has a friend that is great with things like this. thats all he does for a living is rebuild wrecked cars. im confident he can do it right.... just wondering what all was needed to fix. the car has been pulled to the proper spec on a frame machine but you can tell things are wrong. its obvious and my bmr tubular k memeber doesnt fit right either. i know its the car.
Old 04-20-2011 | 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

If it's allready been pulled then you shooing have a problem swapping the sections out,it'll just take some time,then every thing should go into place,but if it's not right your going to see problems but don't be scared of it cause if it within specs you can make it right
Old 04-20-2011 | 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

i just really like the car alot. thats the only reason im goin through the hassle. thanks btw
Old 04-20-2011 | 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

No problem!

Quick Reply: experts need your opinion