Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Bra issues...arctic white step inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bra issues...arctic white step inside

So i have an arctic white bird that has had a bra on it for 11 years straight (not my fault!). The paint on her is immaculate all around, however under the bra is yellow. So, i gave her a wash, and a decent rub down with regular soap. Only worked so well.

I have buffed out junkyard paint jobs till shinny again, fixed scratches and scrapes, and have no problem tearing into a car. HOWEVER this is not something i want to screw up. I really dont feel like spending $600 to paint a bumper if i screw it up, and this bra on the front of the car is killing me! Any suggestions on what i should use? Perhaps just a good cleaner wax and then a finishing wax?

The paint is perfectly smooth, not pitted, not scratched and i would hate to screw it up.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start out with a clay bar and good hand polish. If that doesnt get it you may need to have it buffed.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeez...i think i have been working on this car waaaay too long today, i hadn't even considered the clay bar. I think that means its time to stop. Well i guess ill try it tomorrow ...err today.