Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

crunched front end! looking for advice on vfn, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crunched front end! looking for advice on vfn, etc.

Well in my 02 Z28 yesterday I had a fender bender, and I'm going to need a new hood, nose, and driver's fender. The silver lining in this cloud is that now I can get a cool aftermarket hood to replace it.

After searching around on here, everyone seems to love the VFN hoods, that's what I'm leaning towards. For those in the know, are the SS style hoods they have even a real air scoop at all? or is the air scoop totally fake? even though it's not going to give me any more power (not being connected to the airbox), I'd still rather have a scoop where air can flow through and at least look cool with a real hole in it, than have a fake scoop with the middle filled in.

question #2..with the pin on hoods they have, are they a pin on where all 4 corners are pinned and you have to lift the hood off with two people? or does the back still connect to the factory hinges and it just has pins up front with no factory latch system?

or course I could just call and ask them when they open monday morning, but I want to know ASAP so I can start making plans for what I'm going to do with this!

Also I'm trying to figure out the best way to go for the nose and fender replacement, any suggestions you may have about that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance...

Quick Reply: crunched front end! looking for advice on vfn, etc.