Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Just did CETA Mod - pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just did CETA Mod - pics!

I went with Krylon Fusion Gloss. I lost count, I think I did a total of 6 coats, 2 light and 4 heavy, basicly the whole rattle can. I got the Krylon Clear to go on top of it but I dont know wtf happened but it looked terrible. It was cloudy and anything but shiny. The bottle didnt mention plastic, that may have been the issue, idk. So I just wetsanded it with 1000 and did one more coat of Gloss and called it quits until I can find a good clear. Suggestions?

The Krylon Fusion was real easy to work with. It says no sanding/priming, but I scuffed up the clear with 400 before the first coat anyway. Then I wiped it down with mineral spirits and started painting, waiting 15-30 min between coats, depending on how heavy they were.

My elaborate tape-up, with centerfold:

After second light coat:

Finished product. Note - Car is red, the light was so bright it turned it orange. I dont have a better lit 'outside' pic because its 2 am and I literally just finished:

Old 07-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Looks great! Good work
Old 07-04-2011, 02:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually have that problem with cloudiness in the clear coat in humid or hot weather. The instructions say to use between certain air temperatures for this reason.

But being that it is 2 AM, I'm guessing it's considerably cool so, . . . I have no idea.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Teching In

Well I did have a storm roll through a bit beforehand but it still wasnt that humid, and I was painting in my garage with the door open a bit for ventilation. I shouldve taken a pic of the clear, it looked like absolute ***. I waited a bit for it to dry hoping it would get better, but no, it didnt. Im just thankful I was able to cover it up with another heavy coat of Gloss, because thats honestly all I had left, was one more coat! haha. Stores are closed at 2 am!

Quick Reply: Just did CETA Mod - pics!