Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

some rednecks build a lambo...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I liked how the door swayed back and forth when it opened. He was damn proud of the door motors. I lost count how many times he said the windows were out of a Saturn. You should check out the Ferrari kit too.

I understand that someone that's just starting out working on cars doesn't know what the right way to do things. Lord knows I've done some ghetto *** rigged **** when I was a teenager but I learned and moved on. Now I'm fortunate enough to get to work on some really rare muscle cars.

HOWEVER. These are grown *** men in a salvage yard sawsalling, I'm pretty sure that's not a word but maybe it should be, a MR2 down, screwing the cut quarter panels to the frame and using what seems to be an abundant amount of expanding foam through out the build AND THEN posts it on Youtube. ****.

At first I was like there is no way this is real. These guys have to be making fun of someone. After watching some more of the videos it has to be legit.

Freakin' white people.......
these dudes are serious xxotik carr buildin effecinoatoz...

thx for that extra vid too man. that wobbly door that takes 14 sec to open just barely enough to get...and thats without the seat installed!

i was gonna mention the foam laying on the ground on the second vid...it helps keep it from rubbin & squeekin i guess. also it acts a glue to keep the two cars together
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The first time I saw these videos pop up, I thought it was one guy, who started building a kit car for himself, and then just wanted to sell it and move on. But no. This guy actually has a company, he has freakin employees that he pays to do this kind of shitty work

Some kit cars are cool, but don't try and copy another current exotic. It's like trying to show off a Rolecks watch. It's fake, don't try and fake it for being real.

Personally, I'd love to build a kit car one day, but it'll be along the lines of a Factory Five car. Something that is unique to itself, not a knock-off of something else.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
The first time I saw these videos pop up, I thought it was one guy, who started building a kit car for himself, and then just wanted to sell it and move on. But no. This guy actually has a company, he has freakin employees that he pays to do this kind of shitty work

Some kit cars are cool, but don't try and copy another current exotic. It's like trying to show off a Rolecks watch. It's fake, don't try and fake it for being real.

Personally, I'd love to build a kit car one day, but it'll be along the lines of a Factory Five car. Something that is unique to itself, not a knock-off of something else.
Lol FFR kits are Ford replicas...
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Launching!

when i ran across this i thought the same thing...or that it might be a joke.

some kit cars would be cool to do but they would have to have an engine that could back up, not the little cheapo 4 bangers that are found in most.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW! I give them credit for trying, but man, reverse burnouts ???? wtf? An the popping the car was doing when he was barely turning
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

OH MY GOD!!!! Fkin cerreallly??!?
Since when does my firebird come back halfed? and i can lower mine five inches with air struts?
http://youtu.be/DavpSicGlFo
Old 09-21-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these vids keep getting better.... I finally emailed them and asked why they would post such shoddy work and use it as an advertisement. They haven't responded yet but we will see what they say....
Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait....Firebirds have heavy duty rear ends?! Woot!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
Wait....Firebirds have heavy duty rear ends?! Woot!

I lol'd at that part too..
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Launching!

man...i couldnt tell which was the kit and which was the real lambo.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Lol FFR kits are Ford replicas...
I'm not talking about the Ford replicas, I'm talking about doing a GTM supercar, which has corvette running gear with a porsche transmission.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

I have a question ? How do you get in the car when the battery dies ? or iam sure this may have happen to you , I know its happen to me . If your driving and the alternator goes out and the car kills the battery enough you cant get the doors to go up or windows to go down how the hell do you get out ?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
I have a question ? How do you get in the car when the battery dies ? or iam sure this may have happen to you , I know its happen to me . If your driving and the alternator goes out and the car kills the battery enough you cant get the doors to go up or windows to go down how the hell do you get out ?
lol.. hand crank
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm not talking about the Ford replicas, I'm talking about doing a GTM supercar, which has corvette running gear with a porsche transmission.

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html
The GTM is a Ford GT clone hence the GTM

I would trust these guys with building me a car since they know so much more about F-bodies then me...

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
Thats a good question in regards to electric door poppers.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

The people I pass on the highway at 80mph will know I'm a serious sports car enthusiast?

Well hell count me in!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

lol.. 80mph..
Old 09-24-2011, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
lol.. 80mph..
Any faster than that body panels start flying off. It's like terminal velocity but different.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

For around $20k I could have a pretty sweet lambo if I built it myself.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by whytryz28
The GTM is a Ford GT clone hence the GTM
Not trying to argue, but it's a unique design, and not a Ford GT clone. Is it mid engine, rear drive like the GT, yes, but so are a lot of other cars out there.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/09/s...ick-in-copper/

QUOTE: Well, a few years back they decided to do something a little bit different. They created their own unique design rather than copying someone else's work. The result was the Factory Five GTM.

Some see Ford GT40, others see Corvette and still others think it's an Ascari, Nobel, Rossion or even a Carrera GT. While it may somewhat resemble some of those other great shapes, it is truly something unique. Well, sort of. Like the Anteros we just told you about, there's a bit of Corvette in the mix. It uses a bespoke chassis, but is powered by an LS7 V8. Weighing in at just 2,350 lbs. it has the power-to-weight ratio of a Rolex Grand-Am prototype. It can get to sixty from a standstill in 3 seconds and cover the quarter in 11 flat. We saw one in Vegas at SEMA and when people asked about it in the supercar gallery post, we decided it might need a little extra attention. Enjoy the gallery and if you decide you'd like one, you're in luck. Factory Five is offering $2,000 off the kits.

So it might look similar to a Ford GT, it's not a clone, just saying. I talked to the guys for an entire day on the power tour back in 2006 when they just had 2 prototypes for the GTM and decided then that one day I would build one.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

the ******* thing's wheel wells arent even round??? look at how jaggedy and half assed that looks..

I wouldnt put that POS on a free MR2. much less something I paid for..

Quick Reply: some rednecks build a lambo...