Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need a little advice about doing a respray

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a little advice about doing a respray

Hey guys.. im doing some body work on my car. My car is currently black, but is in need of a respray. My hood was really bad, that i had to take it down to bare metal.. in which i used a self etching primer, then a high-build primer..

my question is about the body. I am going to use Hot Rod Flatz (satin black) single stage. My question is, can i just take a scotch brite pad and scuff up the rest of the body then shoot the satin, or do i need to take it to primer then shoot?

I have already taken almost all of the car apart, bumpers, spoiler, mirrors front windshield, weather stripping, door panels.. ect.

Do i need to use a "sealer" before i shoot the satin? what would you do? thanks.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A sealer would be a good idea. With you doing a satin black, I would wetsand the entire car with 400 and 600. That way if you find any noticeable scratches you can just sand them out before you seal it. If your paint is in decent shape you could probably get away with the red scotchbrite but if you do that MAKE SURE YOU SCUFF EVERY LITTLE INCH!. If you leave any glossy spots at all there is a very good chance the paint will not stick well and flake off. Be sure to post pictures when you are done, I love satin black.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok thats good advice..

Quick Reply: Need a little advice about doing a respray