Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Parts and Collision Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts and Collision Advice

hello everyone,

new to this site and to the LS powered vehicles. I recently purchased a 99 camaro ss with a ls1 with a turbo 400 behind it. The car has a t76 turbo installed and needs a few tweaks but i will get there. My question is, the car was involved in some sort of accident and the front end is a little tweaked. The core support is bent and the framework that the fender bolts to is pretty mashed up on the drivers side. Does anyone know a place to locate replacement aftermarket parts for this? I have tried sherman and even general motors and it is discontinued. I have been able to locate a core support but nothing on the frame rails. If anyone has any information or links to help me out or is selling these parts let me know i have cash and want to buy.

Josh
Old 12-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hit up some salvage yards, I have a couple of these sitting around if you are closeby and want to come get it.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would only get oem parts the after market parts will not line up right and dont have a lip where the lights meet up with the bumper and a few things different had a bad experience try and find them used on craigs list
Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 AM
On The Tree

I got my front clip from a junk yard and they cut it off the car where i wanted them to.
cost me 150 for the part the color even matched found it on car-part.com
Old 12-29-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Thats a really detailed job Get a front clip & frame section off a rearended car Make sure to measure a lot & take plenty of pictures Get the parts from a pic n pull type place So you can really see what a non wrecked pc looks like Or find a roller I got my 95 trans am for 900 minus a shortblock lol

Quick Reply: Parts and Collision Advice