Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try a 6litereater front bumper?
Old 12-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just buy a new hood, the body shop will charge you more then a oem SS hood.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

To bad you don't live near san diego would send you down to ecology and it would cost like nothing for a whole new front end. Impact bar isnt as easy to bend as think
Old 12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
If i were to try to fix the hood myself how do I need to go about doing it? What are the steps? What materials do I need?
Some sanding blocks/paper and fiberglass filler looks like about it to me.. I'm not a professional body man, however I've painted my fair share of cars.. It doesn't look like its too bad... Are there any cracks underneath in the structural part of the hood?? It should be a fairly easy fix... Buying a new hood would be borderline retarded when oem ss hoods go for 600+.. You should be able to fix this one in probably 2-3 hours and 50 bucks worth of material..
Old 12-24-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Get some sad paper and sand it down... Then you will need some fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat or cloth.... To each his own on which way I prefer the cloth for workability. Depending on how big of a spot you do at once go with 4-8 ounces of resin. Mix ten drops hardener per ounce and stir it in... Get a big pack of cheap paint brushes because they are one time use with the resin. Paint a decently thick layer around the cracks about 4-6 inches in each direction from the cracks so it's nice and wet then apply the mat or cloth to the resin and then saturate it with resin let that get pretty hard... I wait until I can't see my finger print in te resin and repeat this process until you have 2 or 3 layers or until you feel it's good enough. Then sand it smooth and you may need a little bondo to blend it out then paint it up! Id say it's a days project from start to finish so have a twelve pack handy!!! For the material to do this project it shouldn't top $100 which is far cheaper than a new hood and it's always fun to learn things IMHO. I'm learning to paint now... I did the wifes car and it turned out decent so I decided to do my trans am... About half way done with that!!! Good lik though and give it try!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do a 6LE front bumper and a VFN Sunoco fiberglass hood and call it a day.