Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

front end swap???? ls to lt

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front end swap???? ls to lt

I am a fan of the headlight cars 93-97 for their looks however i am a fan of the LS1 for performance.
1) Has anyone hear converted their LS car to the Headlight cars??
If so what did it take ie; entire nose with fenders?? or just hood and bumper area???
2) Can u mod the LS cars just using the headlights??
3) What about wiring harness??
Thanks
BobH
Old 02-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took this project on last year swapping a 02 ss ls1 to what I think is the more meaner, more intimidating lt1 front (that's just my 2 cents and opinion ) I had to change both fenders, hood, nose headlight assembly front bumber absorber, all mounting brackets. Then I had to remove the ls air lid from atop the radiator cover and customize an intake tube going into TB. The car now is being painted to match my 97 Z. The only difference is the 97 has a 396 LT stroker and the 02 is mostly stock.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigz28man
I took this project on last year swapping a 02 ss ls1 to what I think is the more meaner, more intimidating lt1 front (that's just my 2 cents and opinion ) I had to change both fenders, hood, nose headlight assembly front bumber absorber, all mounting brackets. Then I had to remove the ls air lid from atop the radiator cover and customize an intake tube going into TB. The car now is being painted to match my 97 Z. The only difference is the 97 has a 396 LT stroker and the 02 is mostly stock.
X2 on the look;
Thanks for the info, Just curious why the fenders??? headlight arrangemment?? Also wiring harness, was it plug and play using LS stuff or did u have to have LT Harness??
BobH

Last edited by BobH; 02-12-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobH
X@ on the look;
Thanks for the info, Just curious why the fenders??? headlight arrangemment?? Also wiring harness, was it plug and play using LS stuff or did u have to have LT Harness??
BobH
the entire front end of an LT1 is slightly lower (or shorter? not sure of the "proper" term)

anyway, the hood and fenders are raised on the LS1 front end to accomodate the higher-sitting LS1. also another reason why when swapping to an LT1 front, the intake has to be modified (maybe only slightly, but still).

I've seen LS1 intakes on LT1's before, so the intake probably won't be too much trouble. I think the headlights will use the same plug but I may be wrong.
The fog lights on an LT1 should be an 885, which is the same as an 880/884 so the harness should work for that also. Turn signals are exactly the same.

Quick Reply: front end swap???? ls to lt