Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Car keyed...paint help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

'02 WS6, sorry about your car man, that sucks. Do you have a loud exhaust? Sometimes neighbors get upset about stuff like that and then instead of dealing with it like mature adults, face-to-face, they do something immature and senseless. Good for you for being the bigger person and not sinking to their level.

Originally Posted by green manalishi
Not to thread-jack, but damn, that green TA looks sweet! I usually hate green paint, especially that Fast'N'Furious crap (see below) that too many people ruin cars with, but your shade of green looks like the Trans Am was made for it. Actually, now that I think about it, I like avocado green on muscle cars, Lexus's "Paridot Mica," I just don't like the average forest greens that the automakers were regurgitating for years, and the industrial-strength-dayglow-taxi ricer stuff.

No Likey:

Do Like:

Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn OP, real sorry you have to go through this man. I been in the same situation last year, parked my car up front of Walgreens to use the atm real quick, come back out and both sides of my quarter,doors and fenders were keyed. My deductable was 500, so had it repainted. That might just be your only option cause those scratches will still show if you buff it and the touch up paint is going to look off since it's not blended with the original paint.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spend the 1k to insurance for new paint. Thats prob the cheapest fix for the best outcome.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by '02 WS6
Thanks to the local *********, I get to replace my rear Mickey Thompsons and get some paint work done on the pass side. I'll show the pics. $1000 is my ins deduct so that isn't even worth the hassle. Repaint isn't an option so I'm wondering if touch up is something viable. It looks like some of it it can be buffed out, but in some places its down to the primer. No bare metal exposed thankfully so not too too deep. It's not a show car and it doesn't need to be absolutely perfect. What's the process, buff first or touch up and then buff? A paint shop will do it but I'm just trying to get the best course of action.

Sorry to hear bout your scratches. That sucks. Last week a tumble weed scratched my car on the highway while heading to school =(. Trying to avoid it, it scratched the whole passenger side from front to the rear end. That **** came out of nowhere and it was fn huge lol. I think you should go get a buff with some 3m compound. Ima go get mines detailed next week to see if the scratches come off. The scratches on my car look similar to yours and the place I am going to take it to buff it out took off some pretty deep scratches without no prob just to show me that they can do the job..
Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Those scratches are pretty deep. They will definatly need to be re painted to look good again

Quick Reply: Car keyed...paint help.