Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

getting my bumper and wsq painted

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting my bumper and wsq painted

Hey everyone, i am about to get my new bumper and hood painted (when it arrives from VFN). A family friend who paints cars for a living said he would paint my new hood and bumper for 250, and when i get it back on if i dont think it matches good enough he will then blend the fenders. This is a great price for all of this dont yall think? My question really is, He is going to paint my bumper this weekend, then the hood when it arrives. Will this make for an extremely difficult time to match it all? Should i get the headlight covers repainted or is that something that can be blended to match later on?
thanks everyone, and here she is now.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a steal of a deal man I wish I could find someone local to do it for that.
Have you seen what he has painted before? Even still thats cheaper than Macco lol.
Honestly be patient and wait for the hood so they can both be painted together and then bleneded if needed. Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah he is a great painter IMO. He has painted a friends hood and a hood of mine on a previous truck. I know he does great work. Do you think that i should give him an extra 50 as a "tip"? lol thinking i may just to make it a little more worth his while. Now i will be removing the bumper for him to paint and re-installing it and installing the hood myself. For anyone who has put on a VFN hood themselve, is it very hard to get it aligned?

Quick Reply: getting my bumper and wsq painted