Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

color match

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default color match

so i just got my car back from the shop i have a som ws6 that went in from hood repair so today picking it up the shop guy used the color code for the car but since its new the color is brighter any way of making the paint come a little closer to the old color?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

try buffing the rest of the car, but with a hood repaint, to not really notice a color difference you would want to blend the fenders as well. But.... if it were me:

I would just paint the rest of the car to match
Old 03-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Launching!

had the car buffed out at the shop still the hood looks a little brighter wish i could paint the whole car maybe will have to wait ill put some pics up tomorow to see what yall guys think
Old 04-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the shop was just lazy and didn't take the time to actually match the paint. I would take it back and make them redo it, unless they wanted to blend and you wouldn't pay for it.

I work at a body shop and there is more to matching paint than pulling the code and mixing up the paint. There are different alternates to all of the colors not to mention getting into tinting on the color to make it match.