Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Are there real body shops anymore? Monkeys and my car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's some pretty **** body work
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hope you get it all worked out, don't accept anything less than the best man.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

this is sad to see this, i wouldnt quite say an amature worked on it considering a lot of amatures take pride in there work as there learning(although its possibly) but ive watched the vets of the shop hack the **** out of cars just because they have been doing it so long and dont care anymore
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

tell them to fix it to the same condition befor the accident. and they have to fix it right. paint, parts, ect. if they cant. you tell your insurane company to get it to another shop that can.

i work as a body guy and that will never fly around here. tell them you want no dust nibs? dirt. you want all of the panels painted to be wet sanded and buffed. and a blend match on all ajesent panels...

you could have drop this off at a tech school and they would have done a better job. and by law you dont have to use there shops. you can bring it any where to get it fixed

and start a grocery list for them to do. im not kidding mark everything down and they have to fix itmake sure all the gaps are good ect and if they used aftermarket parts the gaps wont line up that good ether. i would be ferous with them

Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Thank God, you only had a door and fender replacement and not some structural repairs that needed frame straightening or A pillar repairs. Geez, they probably would have completely ruined the car. I've been doing bodywork for 20 yrs and see all kinds of **** happen. I would be worried if I had to let someone else do collision work on my car, haha. Part of the problem is most of the bodymen are on flat rate pay and are just trying to get the job done as fast as possible. They don't want to waste time changing over the parts from your old door unless they have to. For me personally, I would take the best parts from the 2 doors and double check to make sure things are working properly. For anyone taking their car into a shop, I would advise people to make sure the body shop manager knows that you are a fussy customer who wants the job done right. The manager knows who the good bodymen are and would probably give the job to the right guy, if he thinks that you might be a problem for them.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

I would let the insurance company know what they did if they don't correct the matter. I don't think the insurance company would think to highly of their recommended company's quality of work.

Hope it all get fixed, properly, for you. Sucks having to do others job because they are to damn lazy. Good luck!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, holy crap man i would have flipped , that is such bad work, any monkey can paint but it takes skill in the fit,finish,polish. I hope you get it taking care of
Old 04-14-2012, 06:06 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah tt383,rev have the right idea, you could always tell the insurance company the car ahould be totaled out now lol
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Small update on my awesome luck. lol.

With my work schedule and distance I live from the body shop I haven't been able to get the car back in till yesterday. I'm an on call truck driver and work all hrs. Anyway, I wanted to drop it of during the day so I could talk to the manager face to face.

I called the insurance and set up a rental car this time. Enterprise, they'll pick me up.

I dropped the car off and asked to see my old door. Everything was still in it except the speaker. The one in the used door showed no signs of being removed and the whole back is rusted up like it's been sitting outside in a junk yard. I think the guy helped himself to my speaker but I'm tired of fighting. He said I could have the old door and I told him yes. I marked all the parts in the junk door so I'll know if they've been changed.

So the real news. I'm waiting on the rental car and they call. He asks where I'm at so he can pick me up. Turns out the insurance lady screwed up and set me up with a place near my home, not the body shop, 40 miles away! He can't come that far so he says he'll call the appropriate location across the freeway from the bodyshop, set it up, and call me back. He never called me. After about a half an hour I called the location across the freeway. He tells me he doesn't have any cars so he wasn't picking me up. Said he was going to call me "tomorrow" if he got a car in. WTF dude? I can't sit in this parking lot all night, are you serious?

I called the insurance and had to go through a big thing because I didn't have my claim number. Sorry you left me stranded in a parking lot, I don't have it. So he's going to fix this and call me back.

He calls back and says he found another location about another 8 miles the opposite way of my house and in the middle of the city. Problem is they only have one employee so they can't pick me up. He asks if I can get there. Sure, I'll walk 8 miles down the freeway in rush hour traffic and pick up the car. I told them to just forget it.

I called my wife and told her she had to pick me up after work instead of going to her mom's. She wasn't happy. Needless to say either was I. Ended up sitting in the grass under a tree over 2 hours waiting for her. I wonder how far I would have got if I started walking home...
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

shitty bro....and wow does that shop suck...I could of done better with rattle cans and masking tape.

Quick Reply: Are there real body shops anymore? Monkeys and my car!!!!