Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Garage door bit my car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Garage door bit my car!

Just finished washing it and backed it into the garage. Apparantly not far enough! The door went all the way down. I saw it slightly bow out in the middle as it scrapped down.

On the up side I still have plenty of paint but am not sure if I want to paint the whole front nose or can blend. I just finished painting this car in March.
Attached Thumbnails Garage door bit my car!-damage.jpg   Garage door bit my car!-damage3.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Internet Mechanic

Sorry for your loss. I park in a space where if the nose touched the back wall you have bout 1-1/2 to 2 feet from the door but I dare not try to back it in. I get bout 1 foot from the back wall and then manually push it the rest. Sucks.

No expert here as you may notice, im still learning but for me if the paint has no metallic or flake in it, flat colors should be able to be done just by themselves a panel at the time. Unless there is some issue I bet most people would not even notices it was painted as long as its all buffed out. If the hood is bad, then thats a different conversation.

On my car I had a WS.9 hood painted. I had etching on the bumper that could not be buffed and chips in the head lamp lids so basically half the car got painted and blended in to the doors due to the Navy Blue Metallic.

With LT1 cars I see so many that stock have off color bumpers (front and back) due to what the part is so to see it repainted makes it look better.

Curious to see how this goes, just random thoughts.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

It will probably be a couple weeks before I get this repaired but will post the results for you. I used some of this paint for my wifes PT Loser GT wheels. Turned out pretty nice. I guess I better hang on to the rest of that paint.

Quick Reply: Garage door bit my car!