Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

need a lil advice,painting engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need a lil advice,painting engine bay

Ok i have all the holes filled etc in my engine bay, im getting ready to spray the bay,im doing it with dupicolor perfect match,i got a can of adhesion promotor,and high fill primer,what do i spray first, i got done cleaning today/wiped it down with wax/grease remover, i just need to know what steps i should do first promotor before primer or primer first,i thought primer to help fill the sanding marks (i did block sand) just need to know what to do first, another question i have is when i spray the adhesion promotor it comes out so fast and heavy, does this dry out smooth? Sorry for all the dumb questions i have never painted anything before and was tired of my bay looking bad lol
Old 06-26-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't see why you would need adhesive promotor for the engine bay. I'm going to be shooting my engine bay in a few wks and all I'm going to do is sand everything down, shoot a few coats of high fill primer, sand again and shoot the paint.

I am by any means a pro in this field so this is just my opinion.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah i was just told by some guys on here it was needed,but the few test spots i have done it seems to me its more of a problem, i mean my plan was to clean good,prime once sand,prime again, shoot paint lol

Quick Reply: need a lil advice,painting engine bay