Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

WSQ Hood on 02 Firehawk question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WSQ Hood on 02 Firehawk question

Will a WSQ Hood fit on an 02 TA Firehawk? I've read a few spots saying the front bumper will interfere and a stock TA Bumper is needed to make it work.
I'm wanting to get myself a WSQ for my hawk after new years, but if I need to get another bumper or if there will be a lot of modification needed I may have to save up a little more $$$ first.

any insights in to this / pics / etc.

Thanks guys
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

nobody has done this or has any ideas about it? I've done some google searching and can't find anything. Guess I'll have to call VFN on Monday and see if they know anything.

=(
Old 11-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Launching!

I have that hood on my trans am- its fits perfect, and looks awesome. Its not very common , so it will probably be rare to find one on a hawk. Make sure ya post some pics- theres not a lot of pictures out there of these hoods on our cars.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

yours is a TA/Firehawk? No problems getting it on there?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id say contact VFN - they just may be able to trim off that little tip on the nose of the hood...
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm also interested in buying an WSQ hood for my 99 trans am, should be able to work, dont see why not
Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

yeah it fits on a regular Trans Am or WS6 no problem. I'm asking about fitment on a Firehawk. I remember reading somewhee that Firehawks have some thing cut off the front bumper or something along those lines but I can't find the posts. I'm just wondering if anyone has one on their FIREHAWK or knows if there will be fitment issues with it.

WSQ's are great hoods and everyone says they fit great out of the box. I'm just wondering if theres anything different about a FIREHAWK front bumper that would make it not fit well or require cutting of the hood / bumper.

I'm going to call VFN on monday and see if they have any input. they are only about 15 mins from where I live as well which is nice.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Originally Posted by DjinnWS6
yeah it fits on a regular Trans Am or WS6 no problem. I'm asking about fitment on a Firehawk. I remember reading somewhee that Firehawks have some thing cut off the front bumper or something along those lines but I can't find the posts. I'm just wondering if anyone has one on their FIREHAWK or knows if there will be fitment issues with it.

WSQ's are great hoods and everyone says they fit great out of the box. I'm just wondering if theres anything different about a FIREHAWK front bumper that would make it not fit well or require cutting of the hood / bumper.

I'm going to call VFN on monday and see if they have any input. they are only about 15 mins from where I live as well which is nice.
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. From what I've gathered the bumper had to be trimmed for the firehawk hood to fit, so it should fit, you just will probably have some kind of a weird gap.

Your best bet would be to find someone who has a Firebird or Trans Am (or go junk yarding for one) and try to spot the difference between your bumper and their bumpers.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

I seem to have found my answer here:

http://messageboard.firehawk.org/vie...hp?f=2&t=11307
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can see the little gaps from where the hood doesnt cover the bumper at all ^
Old 12-30-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Im sure that wsq hood meets at the bumper like a normal firebird/ta/ws6 hood would. If you have a firehawk then your bumper has been trimmed to fit the profile of the front of the firehawk hood. If you go to a different hood you are going to have a big gap between the bumper and hood.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
I can see the little gaps from where the hood doesnt cover the bumper at all ^
That's because the hood is not latched.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will have a gap, so the challenge will be figuring out what to cover it with
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I contacted VFN about their WSQ hoods on my 1999 Trans Am and they told me it will fit with no issue and thats its a fully functional up to 3 ways. Front vents, side corner vents I believe and on top of the hood its self can be functional
Old 02-13-2021, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DjinnWS6
Will a WSQ Hood fit on an 02 TA Firehawk? I've read a few spots saying the front bumper will interfere and a stock TA Bumper is needed to make it work.
I'm wanting to get myself a WSQ for my hawk after new years, but if I need to get another bumper or if there will be a lot of modification needed I may have to save up a little more $$$ first.

any insights in to this / pics / etc.

Thanks guys
Did you ever find your answer??

Quick Reply: WSQ Hood on 02 Firehawk question