Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Thought's on Duplicolor Perfect Match?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought's on Duplicolor Perfect Match?

So I have an area about a foot high by a foot wide on my rear bumper that's scratched up pretty bad. The bumper it's self is fine but the paint needs to be redone, I got a couple quotes from body shops but can't really afford getting it done there. So now I'm looking into doing it myself with the duplicolor perfect match series of paints. Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm a first timer to paint so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm not expecting perfection, I just really need it to blend in enough to the point where it doesn't really stick out that much. BTW it's a black 2002 camaro/ So ya if anyone has any advice or comments i'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take the time and find a wrecked black camaro in your area with a black front bumper thats good... the paint is good for small stuff not not body panels..
Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

im an experienced painter and have tried to use this product for small touch up jobs on my DD blazer, its white, and its still not a perfect match, but to be honest, $8 a can to repaint the rockers after rust was removed wasnt too bad of a deal, No way could i mix that for less, looks OK from a distance. But a bumper? and if you aren't doing the whole thing is will defiantly be noticeable side by side paint (factory vs duplicolor)
Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Captain Double Post

Its ok for engine bays etc,but i would never use it on the ext,
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Put the rattle cans away dude. Fork out the money for the body shop to do it right or just leave it until you can afford to do it right. You will kick yourself in the *** every day for the next year if you spray paint it.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Did my CETA with it, looks ok to me.

Quick Reply: Thought's on Duplicolor Perfect Match?