Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What color is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color is this?

Alright paint gurus, my old bird needs a paint job and I kinda like this color. But I'm not sure what color it is I think its Atomic Orange but I'm not 100%. Also could someone give me the paint code, the paint I'll most likely use is PPG if that matters. Please and thank you.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for atomic orange paint code is:WA418P its corvette color
also check out sunset orange metallic:71/WA633H28
inferno orange metallic:28/WA502Q/GCR on the 5th gen camaro
Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What he said^ Atomic orange or metallic orange.

Looks more like Atomic Orange though to me.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98camarols1
for atomic orange paint code is:WA418P its corvette color
also check out sunset orange metallic:71/WA633H28
inferno orange metallic:28/WA502Q/GCR on the 5th gen camaro
Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
What he said^ Atomic orange or metallic orange.

Looks more like Atomic Orange though to me.
Thanks guys. I figured it was atomic but I haven't been around these cars long enough to be sure. I looked into SOM but my TA is a 96 and I don't think I could pull the front end off with that color as well as an LS. But a SOM LS1 WS6 is starting to become my dream car. I've never looked into inferno orange metallic, I may have to though.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Outlaw Kid
Thanks guys. I figured it was atomic but I haven't been around these cars long enough to be sure. I looked into SOM but my TA is a 96 and I don't think I could pull the front end off with that color as well as an LS. But a SOM LS1 WS6 is starting to become my dream car. I've never looked into inferno orange metallic, I may have to though.
Throw on a 98-99 firebird bumpercover, and paint it SOM.
Imagine this car in SOM:
http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...jpg?1185410664
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zerogravity779
Throw on a 98-99 firebird bumpercover, and paint it SOM.
Imagine this car in SOM:
http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...jpg?1185410664
I looked into it a little but but I don't have the cash to swap the clip at the moment. Maybe one day. I can't find any fbodys in junkyards near me, I know of Hawks, but thats it. Even v6s I can't find.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Outlaw Kid
I looked into it a little but but I don't have the cash to swap the clip at the moment. Maybe one day. I can't find any fbodys in junkyards near me, I know of Hawks, but thats it. Even v6s I can't find.
Yeah I hear you. I have 2 salvage yards here in Savannah, one on each end of town. One is a LKQ, there other a local no name yard. I see camaros and Firebirds in there from time to time, and I am on the list to call when they arrive. But by time the weekend hits, they are slim pickings. I went to buy a front clip off a 98 two weeks ago, but someone CUT the righ half off with a sawal. I am going to get one one day, and go for the firebird fron look.

Last edited by zerogravity779; 02-03-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont see the point of going with a factory color like som,if your allready painting/color change,i would go with a atomic orange or some other killer factory color,som is a great color dont get me wrong but ya see it every day,if i was painting and thinking of changing a color best believe im going to go with something a lil different than others,thats just my look at it,i think that atomic orange would look killer on a ta
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also,im not talking anyone out of fixing there car ,doing mods or what not,if your dream car is a som ws6,sometimes its a overall cheaper way just to go buy that car,the prices of these cars has just dropped off the map,yes a som ws6 will cost a lil more but noone can sell anything these days,8 to 9 grand can get ya pretty much everything your looking for outta a fbody
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zerogravity779
Yeah I hear you. I have 2 salvage yards here in Savannah, one on each end of town. One is a LKQ, there other a local no name yard. I see camaros and Firebirds in there from time to time, and I am on the list to call when they arrive. But by time the weekend hits, they are slim pickings. I went to buy a front clip off a 98 two weeks ago, but someone CUT the righ half off with a sawal. I am going to get one one day, and go for the firebird fron look.
Sucks to hear about the front clip I went looking at the brake system off a 2000 v6 camaro a few months back. I guess it'd been there a day and the only thing left were the blown struts and springs. Even parts cars these days are priced high. My uncles tell me when they had their 3rd gens 10 years ago you could find them everywhere for 4 or $500. I looked at a 97 Trans Am where the only part that was semi-good was the T56 the 3-4 gear synchro was shot. The interior looked like someone took it apart with a claw hammer. And the body was busted and rusted. He wanted $2500. I passed on it.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I dont see the point of going with a factory color like som,if your allready painting/color change,i would go with a atomic orange or some other killer factory color,som is a great color dont get me wrong but ya see it every day,if i was painting and thinking of changing a color best believe im going to go with something a lil different than others,thats just my look at it,i think that atomic orange would look killer on a ta
Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Also,im not talking anyone out of fixing there car ,doing mods or what not,if your dream car is a som ws6,sometimes its a overall cheaper way just to go buy that car,the prices of these cars has just dropped off the map,yes a som ws6 will cost a lil more but noone can sell anything these days,8 to 9 grand can get ya pretty much everything your looking for outta a fbody
I agree. I want my car to stand out within the flock. (Pun intended.) But for the price of an LS swap, a front end swap, and lord willing a tranny swap, I'd be better off just buying another car. I mean don't get me wrong I love the LT. But I think theres more potential with a LS. When I was looking at cars I ran into an A4 SOM Trans Am that they couldn't verify the miles on the dealers bottom dollar was still $9700. I couldn't afford it at the time and it was gone by the time I could. From what I can tell around here most LS1 WS6's are selling from $10000 to $16000, condition depending. I'd love to have a LT and LS, how realistic that is I'm not sure. Still young here high insurance and an accident a few years ago.

Quick Reply: What color is this?