Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

WA9566 - need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WA9566 - need help

I have a 2002 Z28 in sibring silver. I try and keep it pretty clean. When removing the stock cat-back exhaust I scratched the inside of the trans tunnel. No big deal, who cares right? But upon changing teh oil the other day I noticed that the scratches were showing sighns of rust, so I compounded them out all clean like. I was thinking of either undercoating the inderside of my car, but I am not a fan of undercoating. I was thinking about painting the scratches. The idea of actually bringing my car to abody shop and explain to them that I want them to shoot the undercarrage of my car... I dont know. I was wondering if I could just buy some duplicolor in a spray can but heres my question. How would I find out what color the undercarrige of my car is for a good match? I mean, the body is Sebring silver WA9566, is that the color of everything? The undercarrige looks different than the body panels. Is the undercarrige simply teh same color with no clear on it, is that why it looks different, or, is the undercarrige just a gray based primer? I obvioulsy know nothing about this. I suspect it may be difficult to find this exact color, especially in an aresol can right? any ideas?

http://s181.photobucket.com/user/ala...ary/2002%20Z28
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rattle cans wont last its not the same quality of paint.. go to paintscratch.com and they mix basecoat paints in aerosol and it will be close enough to match...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black99TransAm
rattle cans wont last its not the same quality of paint.. go to paintscratch.com and they mix basecoat paints in aerosol and it will be close enough to match...
Hummmm... paintscratch.com huh? Never heard of it, I shall check it out. Thanks.

Quick Reply: WA9566 - need help