Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Buyer Beware of Optic Armor

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware of Optic Armor

I bought one of the direct fit lexan front windshields for my 2000 transam. I had it installed, and it didnt fit properly. At the center where it met up with the top there was a gap about the width of my finger. I took the windshield back out and sent it to them, which costs me another 180 for shipping. I shipped it back to them at their request because they didnt believe it was a windshield they made. Well they email me today and say it is one of their windshields, but all they can do is sell me another one at half price. I already had over 850 tied up in the first windshield that didnt fit!!!Buyer Beware of Optic Armor-image.jpg
Old 12-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Buyer Beware of Optic Armor-image.jpg
Old 12-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Did you ask them if there was any reason to believe that the second windshield would fit any better? Did they say why the first windshield was manufactured out of specs?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Teching In

They claimed nothing was wrong with the windshield when they got it back. Pictures show otherwise though!!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Teching In

They wouldnt give me a refund or replacement because I installed it. I guess they wanted to sell that piece of junk to someone else.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 432 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by RWChevyZ71
They wouldnt give me a refund or replacement because I installed it. I guess they wanted to sell that piece of junk to someone else.
Without installing it, how would you know if it fit or not?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Bump ttt
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we received the window you sent to us, we checked it against a factory GM window. The perimeter trim was exactly the same on the window you had and the GM window, except where you had modified it on the bottom corners. Now this window is two years old (used) and has been modified from the factory. Which is not cover under warranty. Once you install it and peel the masking off the window the warranty is void. Now, I offered to help you and give you a 50% discount off a brand new window (which no one gets a discount like this) to help you out. I have attached pictures showing what we found.

The First picture shows customer's window is on the bottom and the factory GM window is on top. This the top of the windshield.
The Second picture shows the customer's window on top and the factory GM window on the bottom showing what appears to be some sort of modification for a clearance issue for hood brackets we are guessing.

Originally Posted by RWChevyZ71
I bought one of the direct fit lexan front windshields for my 2000 transam. I had it installed, and it didnt fit properly. At the center where it met up with the top there was a gap about the width of my finger. I took the windshield back out and sent it to them, which costs me another 180 for shipping. I shipped it back to them at their request because they didnt believe it was a windshield they made. Well they email me today and say it is one of their windshields, but all they can do is sell me another one at half price. I already had over 850 tied up in the first windshield that didnt fit!!!Attachment 428690
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware of Optic Armor-1.jpg   Buyer Beware of Optic Armor-2.jpg  

Last edited by Optic-Armor; 12-16-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks butchered.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Launching!

this is crazy coming from optic armor! i have seen many of there products and they all fit good! this 1 on the other hand was junk! it was butted up against corners of ttops like it should and u could put your finger in the center of it the gap was so big! and yes it was trimmed for dzeus tabs that was close to it but that dont have **** to do with the gap in the top! i also called optic armor 2 ask what to use to install it to make sure my glass man had the rite stuff and hes been doing glass for 30 yrs and said he never seen 1 fit like that! whats really messed up is optic armor told him to send it back and they had pics showing it installed but when it got sent back they said it was installed so we cant exchange it or refund u! im the person working on the car if anybody wants to know and id like optic armor to call me! ive been building and working on cars all my life and i know whats rite and whats wrong! and this is bullshit! so we got 850.00 in a windshield we dont even have? yes thats rite bullshit! butchered is not the word it was trimmed on 2 corners below where the hood goes with a roloc pad about 1/4 inch! once again it is junk and somebody from optic armor call me! btw if it matched up 2 a stock 1 how did the stock 1 we put back in fit perfect! also on the top corners of the optic armor had a bad bend in it and the stock 1 dont! if u look close at the pics u can see the bend in the optic armor! so yall sayn its 2 yrs old well we havent had it that long so that must mean yall have improved it over 2 yrs and sold us 1 that was an old design that didnt fit worth a ****?????? i talked to the owner and we are contacting the bbb about this! if i was optic armor n didnt want my business to look bad id just send another 1 or refund it how bad is it gonna hurt them? they prolly dont have 150.00 in making 1! optic armor please call me! 1 pissed off customer!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By no means, were our intentions to bash you or your work, we were simply showing what we found with the window that was sent back to us for inspection.

Now here's what I am going to do, I will be sending you a brand new Front 3/16" Drop in window and an additional 1/8" Rear drop in tinted at no charge. I feel that it is the right thing to do and we want to make it right. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Aaron

Originally Posted by 3stgstocker
this is crazy coming from optic armor! i have seen many of there products and they all fit good! this 1 on the other hand was junk! it was butted up against corners of ttops like it should and u could put your finger in the center of it the gap was so big! and yes it was trimmed for dzeus tabs that was close to it but that dont have **** to do with the gap in the top! i also called optic armor 2 ask what to use to install it to make sure my glass man had the rite stuff and hes been doing glass for 30 yrs and said he never seen 1 fit like that! whats really messed up is optic armor told him to send it back and they had pics showing it installed but when it got sent back they said it was installed so we cant exchange it or refund u! im the person working on the car if anybody wants to know and id like optic armor to call me! ive been building and working on cars all my life and i know whats rite and whats wrong! and this is bullshit! so we got 850.00 in a windshield we dont even have? yes thats rite bullshit! butchered is not the word it was trimmed on 2 corners below where the hood goes with a roloc pad about 1/4 inch! once again it is junk and somebody from optic armor call me! btw if it matched up 2 a stock 1 how did the stock 1 we put back in fit perfect! also on the top corners of the optic armor had a bad bend in it and the stock 1 dont! if u look close at the pics u can see the bend in the optic armor! so yall sayn its 2 yrs old well we havent had it that long so that must mean yall have improved it over 2 yrs and sold us 1 that was an old design that didnt fit worth a ****?????? i talked to the owner and we are contacting the bbb about this! if i was optic armor n didnt want my business to look bad id just send another 1 or refund it how bad is it gonna hurt them? they prolly dont have 150.00 in making 1! optic armor please call me! 1 pissed off customer!
The following users liked this post:
cosmo420 (09-09-2019)
Old 12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Optic Armor sent me new front and rear lexan windshields free of charge.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this thread is a couple months old but right on Optic Armor. I found this thread just researching these windows and just the way you handled this alone is makin me order my windows. Good job for handling this and earning more business in the process.
The following 2 users liked this post by Greenthumb LS1:
blackbird9 (02-22-2023), cosmo420 (09-09-2019)

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware of Optic Armor