Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I'm an AZ boy, is this rust bad??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M.BOZZ
sorry man, no offence on the rusty thing,. I grew up in maine and owned some real rust buckets. I ve been in az for 22 years and work on cars all day (except mine ) and if I see any rust I go into relaps, just spoiled with the no rust thing. I live in phx
Dude, no worries. I grew up in AZ and freak out whenever I see rust (which is like never, hence this thread).
Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep your eyes open, don't settle bro. I bought my 2002 Z28 with 46,XXX original miles for $7500. Lady was too old to get in and out of it. You'll find a better car, save your money and find a prize. I'm in Florida, that rust isn't bad at all man.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cgormanZ28
Keep your eyes open, don't settle bro. I bought my 2002 Z28 with 46,XXX original miles for $7500. Lady was too old to get in and out of it. You'll find a better car, save your money and find a prize. I'm in Florida, that rust isn't bad at all man.
Yeah, that is why I'm torn. I basically got my car the same way you did. Thing is that my favorite car by far is a white T/A with black wheels and accents, a WS6 hood, has to be an automatic (I'm 6'7"), and have nice paint and interior, and low miles. I have, (well, had...) all that until bozo-the-driver plowed into me. Pretty tough to find that entire package again (took me 13 months to find this one), so I want to fix it against my better judgement. You know, one of those "the heart says yes but the mind says no" kind of situations...
Shop is supposed to call me today with their final quote...
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Launching!

They called back at $4200 as their best offer. I'm going to walk through all the fixes with the owner of the shop. I'm planning to fix it (against my better judgement)

I'll probably be back here in a few months with a post titled something like "Ok, so you all were right...and I'm a moron..." , but hey, in the end it's just a car and $4k isn't going to put me on the streets... but my wife might have to start dancing...again...
Old 01-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the car has sentimental value to you, fix it. I'm the kind of person that gets tied to certain things, and my 2002 SLP GT is one of those, even though it's a v6. I bought a 2000 T/A to replace it, but ended up deciding to keep the v6 because of it's sentimental value to me...now I have 2 F-Body's! lol.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well in that case, I wil chip in for the dancing wife
Just kidding, good luck with the car and post some pics when it's finished

Quick Reply: I'm an AZ boy, is this rust bad??