Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Front clip??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front clip??

I still like the LT1 front end, Barney style, what do I need to change from a ls1 TO lt1 front end ( besides the obvious)
Old 01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Teching In

a simple search... plenty of info here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...tml?styleid=26
Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm working on it now. You need a lot of time to work on it. So far the must haves for me have been to order lt1 bump stop brackets from ebay member firehawkjeff on ebay. Then go to harbor freight and purchase three weld spot removal bits to remove your bump stop brackets that are welded in the corner of your radiator support. Lowes and Home depot do not sell these. using drill bits took me 2 and a half hours and I did a hack job. The other side I used the weld spot removal bit and it took 45 minutes. I'm taking the bumper cover off tomorrow. The brackets that are on the corners of the hood had to be switched around or the hood will not go down. I see the brackets were changed on the hood that was on the car. The new aftermarket SS hood I put on did not close. I switched the bracket around and it now closes or atleast fits into the hinge slots until I change the fenders and bumper cover. I've been told you need to extend the fog light wires. I moved the wiring harness that runs over the passenger side wheel well under the hood to the opposite side of the hood strut. I moved the rubber hose on the driver side to the other side of the hood strut also. You will be happy once you purchase an LT1 intake elbow and attach it to your intake and you will now be functional. I was hoping to use my ls1 filter but now that I put the lt1 hood on I learned it still sits too high where I have it located. So tomorrow I will put the cone lt1 filter on and rest it to the side. If it closes okay I will possibly leave it there and run 2 inch carpet cleaning vacuum hose from the lower front end up to the air filter to give it more air. this is what I can think of now. I will post more information that will save you time and aggravation if I come across any issues.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

If your sail panel ( roof panel ) is bubbling it is wise to change it when you change the nose so you can have it painted at the same time.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

No issue with the bracket. The bracket on my hood was on wrong from the previous owner. Just flatten the tab if your using an aftermarket hood.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Teching In

I wouldn't do a reverse swap like that, it takes too much away from the car. If you like the LT1 front end you should have bought an LT1 car.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

I'm with ya OP, if I bought a ls1 'camaro this conversion would definitely be front of the mod list... Never liked the 4th gen camaros but the 98-02 front end is seriously sad looking lol.
I also think the lt1 trans am front bumper looks like super crap too, I would quickly switch to either lt1 formy bumper or ls1 TA front end...
Old 01-21-2014, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

So what your sayin is if i wanna do a lsx
Swap in a fox body or nova I shoulda just bought one of those too??
I don't like catfish. I don't fish it. I don't eat it and don't wanna drive one lol.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

foxls1 i see your post here and going through this swap here is what you need....front fenders, hood, front bumper cover, front bumper absorber, headlight assembly, fog lights, fog light connectors, about a foot of wire to extend fog light wiring, lt1 hood stops, wire mod., fender brackets to attach fenders to front bumper. Thats about it.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Wire mod?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

I think he's referring to the the hood latch cable.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Foxls1 the wire mod is taking the wiring harness that runs over top the passenger side strut tower and running it through the strut tower so the hood will latch down. You will also notice a 1/2" diameter tube that runs over top the driver side strut tower...that tube needs to run through the strut tower also.

Quick Reply: Front clip??