Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

good quality gfx kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default good quality gfx kit

Looking for a good quality ground effects kit. That bolts on as good as factory and used very little body filler! Bought a fiberglass kit, from a sponsor here. Kit does not fit without removing bumper support, which I feel is dangerous. And still doesn't fit properly, when nothing is in the way. Looking for a good quality kit. While front and rear bumpers and supports are removed. Ordering aftermarket bumper supports now.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I guess I got my answer. Their is nothing as good as or come close to factory, than factory! Was hoping to do something to my camaro, so it would stand out in a crowd.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by crw3673
Well I guess I got my answer. Their is nothing as good as or come close to factory, than factory! Was hoping to do something to my camaro, so it would stand out in a crowd.
Well, this is the first post that indicates what kind of car you own. It kind of limits what responses you get if you don't let us know what you have. As for Camaro body kits, many are just dated in their design and scream 1990's when you see them. The factory kit is probably the most subtle and the one that has held up the best (in my opinion) to the test of time. One aftermarket kit that I still like is the Xenon kit:

With the right color, stance, and wheels this kit can look really nice. There was a guy in my town that had a silver Z28 with this kit and a one piece Freedom Design spoiler, dropped on sportline springs with some deep dish TT2's and it was ****.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

have you looked into 6LE.

Although not body kits, but they do offer variances of stock body panels modified or add ons.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
have you looked into 6LE.

Although not body kits, but they do offer variances of stock body panels modified or add ons.
Yep, 6LE does have some neat stuff as well.

Rear bumper with blended in Center Mount Exhaust exit:

Rear bumper with built in diffuser:

Rear bumper valance with dual round tip openings:

"Dick Harrell" style front bumper:

His "AgreSSive" style spoiler:

His splitter for factory bumpers:

Old 05-29-2014, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

generally speaking on body kits, aside from the factory kits the next best in fitment will be Urethane Kits, Like what Wings West sells, the real problem is most of those didn't even look good back in the 90's and look even worse now, so that leaves you with the fiberglass parts from 6LE and anything less then that isn't worth looking at, as a general rule if you get fiberglass kits expect to have to do work (filler) to get the fitment right.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say our splitter, RK Sport GFX (we carry them as well) and our CME valance. That would all be ABS (splitter) and urethane (the rest).
Old 05-29-2014, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6LE is the way to go for sure. I blended a 6LE valance into my stock bumper earlier this year and I just painted the whole thing today and it looks bad ***.

Quick Reply: good quality gfx kit