Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Helpppp with ws6 door

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Helpppp with ws6 door

So i just bought a 01 red ws6 50k miles and the previous owner got hit while his driver door was open and its hinges are okay but alot of damage to the door. I was thinking about taking to a body shop or buying another door. So my question is, is it easy to swap driver doors on a f-body and if i buy a stock trans am door how will i get the vin and ws6 stickers for the door
Old 03-06-2015, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

It might be cheaper to find another door. The vin number is on the dash by the driver's windshield, so the vin won't transfer with a new door. The stickers probably won't come off the original door, but as long as you're not trying to sell it, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nathan C
It might be cheaper to find another door. The vin number is on the dash by the driver's windshield, so the vin won't transfer with a new door. The stickers probably won't come off the original door, but as long as you're not trying to sell it, it shouldn't be a problem.
Is it easy to swap doors? and will a 99 red ws6 be the same color as a 01 red ws6? I might plan on selling it later thats why i wanted the right stickers just incase someone wanted to check if it was a real ws6
Old 03-07-2015, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Doing it yourself can be a bit of a PITA, but still doable. The door is pretty heavy and can be a pain to align. The fender needs to come off and you'll have to fish the wiring out, but it's nothing you can't figure out yourself.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The door is really one of the worst places to put such a sticker, I don't know why they do that.

I don't know if you can get a new sticker made or not. Maybe worst case cut the fiberglass around the original sticker on the original door, and include it with the car, letting any potential buyer know the door was replaced but here's the original sticker that they can tell matches the VIN on the windshield etc. Just a (crazy) idea.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Teching In

i have removed the sticker before on an older car and it was made it leave half of the white part on the door and the other half of the sticker. You should be able to pull it off and maybe stick something behind the sticker when you attach it back to the door.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew someone with an SS that someone hit their drivers door and went through the dealer and insurance to get it fixed. The dealer could not replace the stickers or transfer them to the new door and ended up cutting the stickers off the door and giving him the stickers separately.

This would't happen to be the WS6 that was for sale in Santa Paula was it?

Quick Reply: Helpppp with ws6 door