Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Insane deal i just got on bumper and fender

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insane deal i just got on bumper and fender

So i just stumbled across something on partsgeek i though might benefit some people here, like it did me.

So i've been wanting a new front bumper and driver side fender for a while now. And being deployed in the persian gulf i spend alot of time looking for stuff for my car. Well, the regular price on the DS fender is $241.67, i got it for $55.98. The regular price for the front bumper cover is $447.80, i got it for $59.98.

I don't know how long this is going on for, but i feel like i got lucky. I didn't think i'd get a chance to buy new pieces, they're expensive. I thought i'd have to repair what i've got someday. But they're on the way to my house where my wife will hold on to them till i get back.

I won't be able to comment on fitment for a while. I'll have to save up to get them painted, but just wanted to let my fellow tech member know about some savings i found.
Attached Thumbnails Insane deal i just got on bumper and fender-10157370_1383720318574341_55002677_n.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

how much was the shipping?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Did you buy aftermarket or OEM pieces? I bought a front bumper and PS fender for my 93 a few years back that were aftermarket for super cheap new (60 for the front bumper and 40 for the fender) and the fitment was complete ****. Literally there was an inch difference in the thickness of the fender where it meets up to the mirror leaving a very noticeable body gap. With that said, the front bumper wasn't that terrible fitment wise after some coaxing and creative mounting solutions so I'm still running that piece but that POS fender was replaced about a month after I installed it with an OEM piece.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Teching In

The shipping was $132.

They are aftermarket. The bumper is factory looking, nothing fancy. The company that makes them is called Action Crash Parts.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Octavarium
Did you buy aftermarket or OEM pieces? I bought a front bumper and PS fender for my 93 a few years back that were aftermarket for super cheap new (60 for the front bumper and 40 for the fender) and the fitment was complete ****. Literally there was an inch difference in the thickness of the fender where it meets up to the mirror leaving a very noticeable body gap. With that said, the front bumper wasn't that terrible fitment wise after some coaxing and creative mounting solutions so I'm still running that piece but that POS fender was replaced about a month after I installed it with an OEM piece.
This. you get what you pay for with aftermarket body parts. on a rare chance it fits good, lucky you but 9 times out of 10 it wont fit worth a ****.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jay7199
This. you get what you pay for with aftermarket body parts. on a rare chance it fits good, lucky you but 9 times out of 10 it wont fit worth a ****.
And if they don't fit, **** it. They'll be on craigslist and on their way to there new home. I'll get my money back. I listed the normal price in my original post, for the price i paid, I had to give them a shot. Partsgeek is probably just trying to get rid of parts for a 16 yr old car that they aren't selling like they used to.

I'll be plenty busy with the stuff i bought for the car on deployment when i get back. I've got Philips 9012 HIR2 bulbs to mod and install, plugs and wires, mopar combustion chamber cleaner, got a set of service manuals for fun, GMMG to replace my SLP LM1. And i'll be doing the wiring mod to keep the hi's, low, and fogs on at the same time, then installing 2500k bulbs in hi's and fogs. If i get a chance to test fit the body pieces, I'll let you know how they fit.

Honestly I'm guessing the bumper will be passable, but the fender will not be. i've always read the fenders are **** unless they're oem. Mines not that bad, barely noticable, you can see it in the pic up top. I could fix it myself, i'm just hoping they're decent pieces.

Quick Reply: Insane deal i just got on bumper and fender