Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

High Rise Spoiler for Convertible Trans-Ams... Who is ready to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default High Rise Spoiler for Convertible Trans-Ams... Who is ready to buy?

Based off the success of another enthusiast from a different forum, 2KBirdman, we're building a Trans Am High Rise Spoiler for a Convertible for a customer of ours.

We may make a few revisions (carry an inside line of the spoiler all the way to the side pieces instead of "blurring" them out) but for the most part it will look like this (AGAIN, this is the work of 2KBirdman, pics just used for reference and admiration)...

Best I can tell Birdman spent around $1000 just in body work. I believe it as you have to reform the entire trunk.

IF there is enough interest (we're talking 10 people ready to pay in advance, after they see the plug but before production starts, a discounted price) we'll mold it and make it.

This is just a feeler thread as there's really no way of knowing what something like this will cost. Can we make it one piece and still pull it out of a mold? Will it have to be two piece? If so will it still work and look right? Etc...

We're doing this either way for our customer but before we ship off was seeing if there was any interest in making a mold.

My best GUESS on price $1000-$1200. You have to understand it's a trunk (so complicated top and bottom mold) AND a Trans Am high rise spoiler (complicated top and bottom mold with lots of hard contours to get a mold to release off of) and on top of that we're trying to have one piece that does it all lol.

SO, is there even TEN convertible guys who WANT this part to exist let alone TEN who are willing to spend that on it?

Let me know...
Old 07-26-2015, 03:04 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't figure out why they didn't come that way in the first place.

Quick Reply: High Rise Spoiler for Convertible Trans-Ams... Who is ready to buy?