Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint pricing questions

Old 01-31-2016, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint pricing questions

So if you have seen my other threads you know I have a pewter 01 Camaro SS

So I mostly race the car at e-town and rarely drive it on the streets...well yesterday I decided to take it out since I just did some work to it recently and someone was nice to side swipe it while it was parked and scratch the door up and break the mirror off and run ...

with that being said once I am done with the car (probably adding a cam) I was planning on possibly getting it re-painted or touched up anyway but now that its side swiped and am going to have a diff color mirror most likely I may have to do it sooner than later.

My question is how much should I expect to pay for a good pewter paint job. the car has no rust, all the body panels are straight. the clear started coming off the bumper from hot rubber being kicked up at the track, hood has some fish eyes on it, scratches in various places... I live in NJ if that helps...I have an idea of who I think I want to paint it but haven't gotten a chance to get a price from him yet.

Also I assume its not a good idea to paint the car a different color than what it was from the factory? Was thinking white but I do really like the pewter so I will probably go with that again.

thanks !
Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

I depends on how much prep work they do. I would estimate a quality paint job would be several thousand dollars. You can change the paint color, but it will cost more in labor to repaint the door jambs and under the hood than keeping the same color and skipping those areas.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Average good all over paint job is $5k, if you want to change the color and do the jambs then expect another $2k.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint pricing questions