Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Top of fenders not flush with hood (WS6)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top of fenders not flush with hood (WS6)

Hey fellas-

I posted a long time ago about fenders bulging out like many others on here due to the tabs being bent up. Now I've noticed that fenders aren't exactly flush with the hood---the hood sits a little below the fenders and I'd like to know IF the reason is the bent tabs at the bottom of the fenders or do I simply need to turn the rubber adjusters up ?

How can I check if my fenders are totally not aligned ? I have fixed the bulge at the bottom since posting last time.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd leave the fenders alone and adjust the hood. You can turn the front bumpers up and, if needed, loosen the hinge bolts on the L-bracket to adjust the back part of the hood up.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, i don't wish to fool around with the fenders either, but I do want to know if I would need to adjust them and if they are out of line. Id feel better taking it to a body shop anyways to do that.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Spartan has the right idea.

As long as the gap is even, the fenders are basically lined up right. Just adjust the bumpers on the hood first. If you need more adjustment, you may have to re-position the latch via 2 bolts on the core support bracket. I'd only touch the back hinges on the hood as a last resort.

Quick Reply: Top of fenders not flush with hood (WS6)