Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Is this from the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Is this from the factory?

Started pulling WS6 apart as it is going to be painted this winter (reason being, I'm not a fan of the color).

When I pulled the rear tails, I kind of noticed that both rear quarters, where they tuck back into the taillight resesses have what looks like bunch of seam sealer or something gooped around the edges and painted over. It's on both sides and starting to crack a little. Is this normal from the factory? Maybe I've lost touch with the fit and finish on these 4th gen Fbodies lol.

I cannot find any reason to think it was wrecked/painted/repaired as there are no marks, damage, or paint lines. The rear deck lid is indeed chipped, that seems separate from this.

Just kinda wondering if this was normal or not?

G]

Old 07-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory slop

It is factory seam sealer. It is just some sloppy work from assembly line. Remember, these are cheaply built GM cars of the 90's, not a hand built Bentley.

If you feel so inclined, it will scrape/grind off.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron23
It is factory seam sealer. It is just some sloppy work from assembly line. Remember, these are cheaply built GM cars of the 90's, not a hand built Bentley.

If you feel so inclined, it will scrape/grind off.
It's nowhere near that messy though. That car has definitely been repaired before on the rear.

Quick Reply: Is this from the factory?