Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

BBM, Nassau Blue etc. spray out comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BBM, Nassau Blue etc. spray out comparison

My love of Bright Blue Metallic paint recently lead me down a color selection path for my 69 Camaro project.I decided to spray out all the close color combos and felt like this may be of some interest to some here since BBM gets a lot of love.

I selected 6 colors 5 of which were all very similar in pigment. I wanted the best idea of the differences or similarities between BBM and it's counter parts since everyone seems to think its the same as other colors. The six colors are Bright Blue Metallic, Dusk Blue, LeMans Blue, Jet Stream Metallic and Nassau Blue. (Dusk blue was the orig. color for the car and I wanted to make sure I didn't like it before I decided to change from original.)
It's hard to get a good idea of the colors in pictures so IMO: Jet stream is far more green in person then I thought. Lemans blue is very dull compared to the BBM and Nassau. Nassau blue is easily 2 shades lighter than BBM which is maybe 1 or 2 shades darker than LeMans but with more metallic.

Hopefully somebody else finds this as fascinating as I did.

~Jim~
The following users liked this post:
Markaaron80 (03-20-2020)
Old 05-18-2018, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool. I want to paint my TA in Atlantis Blue, which I think is closest to your Nassau Blue on the far right. There was also a classic Firebird hue called Lucerne Blue that I suspect is very close. I will have to go check out Atlantis Blue on a modern BMW before I commit to it. I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of that hood though.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I owned a 00 Nassau Blue Corvette FRC, so I am a bit partial to that color, but the Le Mans Blue is also very nice.

Quick Reply: BBM, Nassau Blue etc. spray out comparison