Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Firehawk Make Over

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehawk Make Over

So the firehawk had an attempt on its life a few months back. After going round & round with the insurance its finally in the body shop at the hands of Under Pressure Creations here in Oklahoma City.

I always wanted a formula with a Hi-Rise spoiler, but im going a different route with it this time. Ill get some more pics of the progress as it goes.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Old 11-15-2018, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Glad to hear it's fixable.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Default Progress

Hoping the new rear spoiler shows up first half of January. Also getting a few minor things done like brass headlight gears & looking into getting the headliner fixed. Im getting excited & cant wait to get it back!
Old 12-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Old 12-29-2018, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Oooof that looks rough
Old 02-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Default Paint Shop Updates

More progress
Old 02-25-2019, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Primered up
Old 02-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Stopped by today to go over any final paint/body questions and concerns. The new spoiler is coming along great, I CAN NOT WAIT to see how it turns out! Going back over wednesday afternoon to look at some paint samples & options before making the final choice.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

looks good on the rear quarters however it looked only like the front fender /headlight where damaged? if I where to paint it would be gun metal darkist grey/metallic sean on dodge viper

OK I see you did the hood/bumper I bet it turns out awesome I'm just planing a door blended & headlight covers front bumper,
looks like you put some time in on the blocking I bet if I look closely I could find small cease's in the metal of the rear quarters is this what you smoothed the stress marks?

when they blend a door is the whole side normally recleared? like the whole side will be stripped of clear when blending then recleared.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Sorry man, I have no idea on how they do the blend process. Im having a shop here in Oklahoma City do all the work. Yea the whole car is getting worked & blocked. I just picked out the final paint color the other day. Im nervous & excited to see how it turns out.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm glad you're having her fixed up. I have to ask, what happened to the Firehawk decal that should have been on the side of the car? I take notice to a lot of cars, especially F-bodies. Spotting an F-body with the Firehawk decal is like finding a 4 leaf clover.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JosephIV
I'm glad you're having her fixed up. I have to ask, what happened to the Firehawk decal that should have been on the side of the car? I take notice to a lot of cars, especially F-bodies. Spotting an F-body with the Firehawk decal is like finding a 4 leaf clover.
Originally when I purchased the car 5 years ago the car had the decals already removed. Which I really liked the look at the time. However, I have just purchased new door & rear bumper decals to go back on the car. Im hoping they give the car a subtle look, not a bold bright Hey Look At Me.

The car is aprox 5-7 days out from completion. I am so freaking stoked!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Patiently waiting for a few other things go alllll come together.

18\" Foose wheels. They look good once all cleaned up, but have some pitting & peeling.

New 285/40/18 Nitto 555g2 for the rears
Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see the final outcome
Old 03-21-2019, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by speedmaniac11m
I see the body sanders left the car windows,doors and hood all open to be be covered in dust. when I had my car at a shop for minor front end damage, car was less than one year old.

they did the same thing I asked why are the windows rolled down halfway each ediot looked at each other w/ confused looks on the faces ? went unanswered. I rolled up the windows then left wasn't happy w/ these idiots trashing the interior and engine of basically a new car.

came back a few days later same thing everything open to be trashed w/ dust (my car wasn't being sanded the dust was coming from other vehicles ) I knew then I screwed up w/ the choice of body shop. not sure if this is business as usual,

I understand the hood open in my case but like why didn't they cover the engine & interia w/ plastic like they did when spraying paint?

and yes they screwed up the repair and ruined the windshield w/ weld splatter.you are at there mercy hopefully they won't bone you like they did me.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:23 PM
Teching In

My tops have been off, back hatch off, rear glass out, windshield out, and the doors off, do really no chance of keeping it clean inside. It really doesnt bother cause I know they will get it all cleaned up. I pulled the seats out to get them redone, also getting a new headliner or the old one reworked.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience tho man. Hope you got it all taken care off and are happy with it now
Old 03-24-2019, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant wait to see the finish. been trying to find a white bird with the firehawk hood or similar with a ta hatch and formula bumpers. helps me decide if I will go ram air or the other