Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

LTO - Front or Rear Bumper Cover repair for free

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool LTO - Front or Rear Bumper Cover repair for free

If you're in the Midwest / Great Lakes area I want your bumper cover for experim... 🥼⚗🔬
I mean repair. Yeah, repair. 🛠

In seriousness though, I have had a good run repairing my cars' bumper covers (not just the fbody). I have been working directly with the Product Development Manager at Polyvance to dial in the best method and it is a VERY strong, permanent repair.

I needed the cover to have original or better strength and be able to handle full windspeed conditions. My bumper was as close as you can get to being in two pieces, and it's very strong again. TBH, If you have a two piece, I'm kinda curious if I can do that too.

I have noticed a lot of bad info on the repair of our bumpers and general misinfo on the particular materials used on these cars and repair methods. Hopefully I can fix that part by part.

I like doing scientific testing and have a background in materials sciences, so I have tested every non-metal part on the car and the proper repair method of each — as I mentioned with assistance from Polyvance. I kept it all "in one location" so you don't have to run around to different companies getting products. And in turn now they are aware of the actual types of materials and not misinformation.

In particular I tested ALL the wrong methods. Found their failure modes, and explanations for why they are wrong, culminating in the proper repair method for each piece, with high stress or non-failure mode.

Anyway, I spent a lot of money on the equipment to repair plastics, and a lot of time learning methods, might as well spread the cheer and meet some enthusiasts.

**"Fine print": Limit to 2 families, 1 car each. No shipments, but you also don't have to drive your car. 'Local midwest people only.' Repair to the point of ready to skim, prime and paint. If you want to bring your own primer and paint, you can borrow a gun and finish it here.

Old 07-24-2023, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, I did not want this in paint and body work, I wanted it where I had it, in Firebird.

This isn't a general offer, it's to Firebird & T/A owners.

Also, you know how fora work... if someone is NOT subbed to paint and body work, but IS subbed to Firebird, they don't see my post. Like I just wondered why my "Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002" update didn't show my post. It's because I am not subbed to paint and body, and someone moved my post.

So, nobody else that I may have been interested in seeing my post saw my post now.

See?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: LTO - Front or Rear Bumper Cover repair for free