Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painted the Intake last weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive wanted to paint my LS6 intake for a while now. Onlything thats stoping me is the fact that I have a rare color car and getting rid of it would be kinda hard.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Looks good thinking of doing the same to my WS6.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BRIAN98Z28
Nope, that was Brian Tolbert, (GOTSPANKD) still a REAL good buddy of mine. Went to his wedding last September and was at his place watching the skins game on Sunday. I had the purple pearl metallic (gray purple color) Z28, the FAST LT1 as it was referred to by people lol. I used to hang around with Adam (bellaTA-pewter WS6), Gonzo, Ben (asian guy with the cammed LS1 Z28) Mike Kent...had a couple cars, Fred B. (black WS6) Chuck (red LS1 SS) god....brings back memories. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, its been a LONG time.
Oh ok man. I definately remember your car. After meeting you I think I only saw you once or twice at different meets before the **** started hit'n the fan with Mark & Ken. Not Sure if B. Tolbert will remember me but tell him I said hello. Damn....just look'n back on Mafba seems like twenty freak'n years ago. Take care bro.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again for the compliments. Donamian....I would see if a local shop could just paint it for you since you have that rare pretty color (which I love!) They could surely mix up some paint an exact match or pretty darn close.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, that was Brian Tolbert, (GOTSPANKD) still a REAL good buddy of mine. Went to his wedding last September and was at his place watching the skins game on Sunday. I had the purple pearl metallic (gray purple color) Z28, the FAST LT1 as it was referred to by people lol. I used to hang around with Adam (bellaTA-pewter WS6), Gonzo, Ben (asian guy with the cammed LS1 Z28) Mike Kent...had a couple cars, Fred B. (black WS6) Chuck (red LS1 SS) god....brings back memories. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, its been a LONG time.

wow all those names bring back a ton of memories from back in the day. used to hang out with the same folks on occasion as well as brad, cory, mandy etc. whatever happened to ben and the others? the only one i ever really hear from anymore is fred but thats a rarity as well?

Michelle, intake looks good, now flame it up i just installed my gunmetal fast intake with black lettering. ill have pics up soon as well.

Last edited by Raven02TA; 12-06-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Michelle, I definitely remember Ken Collings. I never cared for him too much. I didn't like his attitude, he gave off this vibe that he was ABOVE everyone, like his cars were so rare and we were just "common people" owning such REGULAR cars. I tend to stay away from people like that.

BlackMafia I'd probably remember you if I saw you, its just been so long. I didn't come around that much after a while because like I'm sure you know, there was just too much bickering and fighting amongst everyone so I just decided not to involve myself. I'll definitely remember to tell Brian you said hello the next time I talk to him, probably today.

Raven02TA What is your name? I may remember you. As for Ben, I haven't spoken to him in a couple years. He got fed up with his car, the "catfish" always breaking so he sold it. He also had this girlfriend who got pregnant and last I heard they were going to get married. I was supposed to be in his wedding but we just kind of lost touch and haven't spoken since. As for the others, I think everyone just kind of either sold their car, or moved on in their own direction for whatever reason.

It looks like there are a lot of us that are still lurking around though, on here and in the area. I'd definitely be up for some kind of reunion get together. If anyone has any interest let me know and I'd be more than happy to try and put something together.

Here is a couple shots I found of my old '93 Z28 for those of you who will remember it.

Also, I just posted a thread in this forum with some pics of the Z06 located here for any of you who want to see. Michelle has already seen the car in person. ;-)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/619881-cleaned-up-z06-took-some-pics.html
Old 12-06-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Thanks again for the compliments. Donamian....I would see if a local shop could just paint it for you since you have that rare pretty color (which I love!) They could surely mix up some paint an exact match or pretty darn close.
Thanks for the compliments. Im not really worried about matching the color, hell knowing me id buy a spray gun since I already have an air compressor. What I meant was that if I tried to get rid of the intake later down the road in favor for something different it would be a little hard. Altho now would be the time to do it since the motor it out of the car....decisions, lol.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Raven02TA What is your name? I may remember you. As for Ben, I haven't spoken to him in a couple years. He got fed up with his car, the "catfish" always breaking so he sold it. He also had this girlfriend who got pregnant and last I heard they were going to get married. I was supposed to be in his wedding but we just kind of lost touch and haven't spoken since. As for the others, I think everyone just kind of either sold their car, or moved on in their own direction for whatever reason.

you may or may not remember, I had the black stalled/cammed/sprayed 95 v6 firebird at the time. I remember your car vaguely i think you were the only person with that color. occasionally i still see travis and timmay, mike i havent heard from since i bought the TA and i moved to norfolk in 02 as well as most of the crew. still hang out with roland on occasion (purple vette), i know bergie moved a couple years ago.... there were a lot of people that like you said either sold there cars and or are just laying low.

there is another post goin on right now im in where we are trying to get some peeps together for lunch on a saturday.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...4&goto=newpost
Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Thanks for the compliments. Im not really worried about matching the color, hell knowing me id buy a spray gun since I already have an air compressor. What I meant was that if I tried to get rid of the intake later down the road in favor for something different it would be a little hard. Altho now would be the time to do it since the motor it out of the car....decisions, lol.

i vote do it
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Raven, Hmmm...I don't think I remember your car. Maybe met you once or twice and just can't recall. That's pretty radical though, not many people go that deep into a V6 car. I'd say you definitely have enough HP now! Any track times? I remember Bergie, we used to B.S. over in his garage back in the day, god this all seems like such a long time ago. Oh and I guess we should all apologize to Michelle for highjacking her thread!!! haahahahhaha
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Raven, Hmmm...I don't think I remember your car. Maybe met you once or twice and just can't recall. That's pretty radical though, not many people go that deep into a V6 car. I'd say you definitely have enough HP now! Any track times? I remember Bergie, we used to B.S. over in his garage back in the day, god this all seems like such a long time ago. Oh and I guess we should all apologize to Michelle for highjacking her thread!!! haahahahhaha

X2 sorry for hijacking michelle,

car has been a best of 11.08@123 with a 1.5 60'. with 3rd gear slipping launching at 2500 with no t-brake. however.... there will be a brake in the trans for spring and ill be able to finally stall the car to its full potential (4000 stall)

I wonder if bergie ever put the white car back together. i remember him selling the hawk.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That damn car sat in his garage FOREVER!! I thought he finally got it back together and sold it, could be wrong though.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMafia
Oh ok man. I definately remember your car. After meeting you I think I only saw you once or twice at different meets before the **** started hit'n the fan with Mark & Ken. Not Sure if B. Tolbert will remember me but tell him I said hello. Damn....just look'n back on Mafba seems like twenty freak'n years ago. Take care bro.
Of course I remember ya man. I moved on the darkside... actually, I don't even really mess with cars much these days, too many other things going on these days. I sold my LT1 to someone down in VA beach, and bought an STi. I wanted something plenty fast, with better handling, and could make it in the snow. The STi was a natural fit.

This is pretty weird though, because Chuck just hit me up on AIM yesterday. Other than Brian Lewis, I haven't really hung with anyone from f-body scene in forever. I can't say I miss wrenching on cars. It's such a PITA. Last thing I did a few months back was lend a hand with a turbo install on a friends 2.5rs. What a pain.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

holy crap, another friend rizing from the grave. brian how been? i havent seen ya since i moved to Newport news. i saw a car in va beach similar to your old one but it didnt have the high rise spoiler. but it looked just the same.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
holy crap, another friend rizing from the grave. brian how been? i havent seen ya since i moved to Newport news. i saw a car in va beach similar to your old one but it didnt have the high rise spoiler. but it looked just the same.

That was probably it. It didnt have the spoiler when I sold it, that came off long before. If it had C5 wheels, and the rest of the kit, and the same hood, etc, it was most likely mine.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

eh, never check about the wheels. maybe he changed them?!? ah well. so hows the new ride treating you?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyway I painted my intake Brian...yes Ken is EXACTLY how you described him. And do you remember how he always talked about having the Comp at the track? As it turns out he never even took it that day he said he did..at the CompTA Nationals. And the 396 sticker he had on the hood? Well Matt that bought his Comp had it dynoed and if I remember what Dorie told me it only did 330! Ken was an odd bird always on the high horse and look out if you ever disagreed with anything he ever posted about!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
eh, never check about the wheels. maybe he changed them?!? ah well. so hows the new ride treating you?
Good except my driving habits havent changed. I go through tires like a ************.
I don't have any complaints.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brian's STi is the dik dik mobile! hahahahhahahahahhaha
Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MethodX
Good except my driving habits havent changed. I go through tires like a ************.
I don't have any complaints.

yea, werent you the cautious one of us back in the day? (to an extent) my driving habits have changed a lot as well since then. im normally now very careful. i guess when you dump as much money as i have into the car you would be too.

Quick Reply: Painted the Intake last weekend