Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I know rattle canning is looked upon.....pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007 | 10:26 AM
SCRWS6

Default I know rattle canning is looked upon.....pics

As really not a worthwhile practice especially for looks and durability......
I started the project of putting ground effects on my Formula, some came painted, some didn`t. The first paint job I did was enamel....coated well, very durable (hard to get that stuff off But the color was no where near a match. This time I used laquer and quite a few coats of clear, clear sanded with 2000 and compound.....They came out extremly well!!!!!!!!!!

The front two pieces are getting repainted by a shop, the laquer will not handle the constant pounding of daily driving.

This side was completely redone in laquer.....really can`t tell a difference in finish except the paint on the car doesn`t look as good..

I got lucky with this side, only the front peice needed painting, the side just needed some clear sanding and compound.....

close up, reason why I`m getting fronts redone
Par Break give me some feedback......
Old 03-12-2007 | 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Hey man from the pics they look good. My main concern with the rattle cans is long term durability. That's one of the main reasons we don't recommend it especially on exterior items. On interior trim, etc., go for it!!

Bryan
parbreak
Old 03-12-2007 | 11:25 AM
SCRWS6

I`m still looking for that dare to be great situation on the interior...if only they made a GTO conversion kit for our cars.....

Quick Reply: I know rattle canning is looked upon.....pics