Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

HELP!!..Paint Chipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!!..Paint Chipping

Okay so I've only put 16K on my car in over 3 years. When I first bought the car the paint was amazing except for a few chips. I'm extremely careful when getting in/out of the car but I have noticed a very large amount of chipping on the edge of the rear quarted next to the driver door. I can't figure out how it is happening. Any ideas??
Old 03-25-2007, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Your car may have been repainted and now its just coming off? ******* body shops.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

that... or a worst case senario..

If you arent the original owner, the car could have too a shot to the back and shifted the quarted forward and is now rubbing on door.

To check if its repainted, look on the inner edge of the quarter for dry spray. Thats how i know mine has been repainted. Also check if the orange peal differs from the rest of the car.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by davidfre21
that... or a worst case senario..

If you arent the original owner, the car could have too a shot to the back and shifted the quarted forward and is now rubbing on door.

To check if its repainted, look on the inner edge of the quarter for dry spray. Thats how i know mine has been repainted. Also check if the orange peal differs from the rest of the car.
I've looked over the entire car and when I bought it from the dealer they gave me the carfax stuff. Nothing has ever happened to it. I looked @ the door gap as well and everything matches up perfectly.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

carfax is a waste of money IMO, because people and even dealerships will have lots of things fixed with out reporting it to an insurance company. Meaning it doesnt show up on carfax... just my .$02

only other idea i have, maybe u are rubbering on that edge when u climb in and out of you car causing the chipping.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by davidfre21
carfax is a waste of money IMO, because people and even dealerships will have lots of things fixed with out reporting it to an insurance company. Meaning it doesnt show up on carfax... just my .$02

only other idea i have, maybe u are rubbering on that edge when u climb in and out of you car causing the chipping.

well I'm going to take it to a shop and see what they have to say about it. It's just really strange b/c I'm soo careful when it comes to the car. I've never seen it on any other car before.

Quick Reply: HELP!!..Paint Chipping