Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Project Candy TA

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007 | 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Default Project Candy TA

Will be painting my TA in the next couple months or so, and she is goin candy coblat blue over a silver base and figured id host up some progess pics of the body work and such.

Pic of the trashed front end, chipping/peeling paint on the front bumper from when i bought it. Hood and headlight covers were also riddled with rock chips

Hood half stripped and front bumper feathered out. The last place who spotted the front bumper sucked *****. ****in thing had peeling everywhere :verymad:

And now primered, burried out anything that was left. Nothing like a different colored front end lol. But it could have been worst, i could have used gray or buff.

Will hopefully be shooting the jams over the next couple weeks and then the whole body when the painter is free again within the next couple months
Old 03-31-2007 | 08:27 PM
On The Tree

any for anyone who was curious as to what is done when repairing bumpers, that pic should give ya a good idea
Old 03-31-2007 | 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

So when you or people paint there car a different color, what do you do about the engine bay. do you pull the engine or what?
Old 03-31-2007 | 08:42 PM
On The Tree

most people dont paint their engine bay, its usualy not color matched. When i paint mine im only doin the underhood and then the fender jams as far as engine compartment painting. Every once in awhile we get someone wanting their engine bay painted, but those are usualy older muscle cars and dont have engines in them at the time.
Old 03-31-2007 | 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

well the reason im asking is because i want to paint my car a different color then what it is now. it is PPM right now . But I dont want to have an off color engine bay considering I would like to take it to car shows and what now
Old 03-31-2007 | 09:52 PM
On The Tree

i mean if some one really wanted we could try to bag and mask everything but chances are it wouldnt come out nice with the engine in the way... I guess im glad my car is a neutral color. So if it stays black in there it still looks good

Quick Reply: Project Candy TA