Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Metal Flake Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal Flake Paint

As of the moment my Camaro is part black like it was from the factory and part spray paint black (not my doing it was bought like that) so I'm bouncing around ideas for painting it. I want to keep it a form of black and thought about black with metal flake (not sure of the proper name) cause I've never really seen it on a car.

So if anyone has seen it or has pictures of cars painted that way post up and say if you like it or not or if you have another idea.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2007, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

well there are 30+ different kinds of pearl and flake you can put in a black that will all make it look different... i'd say go for it... find yourself a paint shop and look at paint chips and see which one you like... cant really go wrong with black unless you go overboard with the perls and make it look like a bass boat
Old 04-07-2007, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ricer
cant really go wrong with black unless you go overboard with the perls and make it look like a bass boat
Old 04-07-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ricer
well there are 30+ different kinds of pearl and flake you can put in a black that will all make it look different... i'd say go for it... find yourself a paint shop and look at paint chips and see which one you like... cant really go wrong with black unless you go overboard with the perls and make it look like a bass boat
thats hilarious.. yeah throw some silver and red flake in there...

actually go to hokpaint.com and order the hok catalog that shows all their flakes and additives etc..
Old 04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea im with this guy... only warning you that House of Kolors is rediculously expensive paints... but its prob the best Show paints out there cause they got some crazy paint lines.... any way let us know what you decide... id do a metallic black with a coarser silver and gold mettalic but not to coarse so that it looks like chunks of glitter... if you know what i mean...
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by transmaro93
yea im with this guy... only warning you that House of Kolors is rediculously expensive paints... but its prob the best Show paints out there cause they got some crazy paint lines.... any way let us know what you decide... id do a metallic black with a coarser silver and gold mettalic but not to coarse so that it looks like chunks of glitter... if you know what i mean...
That's exactly what I had in mind and I'll check out that catalog too.

Thanks for the advice so far.