Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Vert under the knife!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vert under the knife!!

Hey, with all the time i have spent in ls1tech, i think this is the very time i acutally noticed a specific section for paint and body. DOH!!!

Anyways, i'm having some paint and body repair done at the same time as im doning the engine/drivetrain build. Its being done at extreme customs in MI, great shop. I have a 10pt cage being paint glossy black as well so, when all is done, she should look awesome.

The paint of the body is probably going on now as im trying this, thus, i dont have a finished product yet. However, with time, i'll chronicle the build as i get more pics and info.

So, let the fun begin!!!

First off, this is not my car, however, im using as a reference for what my color was like before the initial paint job i had about three years ago.

Then the paint was applied and these were the results.

please disregard the poser taillights... they have been burned! Dont know what i was think really....

Those two pics are quite old, so with time, there have been a few nik's and dings that hve happened while the car was parked!! Unbelieveable but you'll see..

These are quite new...

My favorite shot!!

if notice, the front has some damage on the left/driverside. This was when a guy backed up into the car with me watching. I was dumb struck by how much of an idiot this guys was...

and this is my favorite as well. I was parked at home, when some kids in the middle of the night RAM'D and shopping cart into the car. They even left the cart there with the paint etched on the light bars.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Anyways, that bring us to now... these are the step in which she is now.

Now with the cage and new seats, corbeau fx1's...

Old 05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

These pics are of the tear down process and a few more of the cage...

Now getting prepped at extreme customs for the body and paint work...

new SS spoiler fitted....

that came out nice!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Now for some of the paint prep...

And now for some color!! The first are of the underside of the hood and trunk lid and the last is of the cage. Also, got the engine bay painted but it is not 100% complete... nice though!!!!

So what do ya'll guys and gals think? She isn't done so when i get the final poser pics, i'll edit the thread and show then off a bit! Im really happy with the results so far, cannot wait to see how everything will tie in together when she is prepped and under the sun.

LaterZ!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

pretty sweet dude.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

update....

got her painted and now needs to be buffed and sanded a bit... looks good though...

anyways, here ya go..

what do ya'll think?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

that car is sick!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Nice work!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Teching In

I know its rude to ask but what did that cost?

Tell me to f off if I'm out of line
Old 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
12 Second Club

man where do you get all that money to do so much work?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

what kind of tires are those? where did you get them?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks great! the only thing i will recommend is that you get rid of the quad exhaust in the back, it looks like overkill IMO. Now if you had the dual CME then that would be a different story. But yeah, the car looks amazing!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

thanks ya'll.

Nah, its not out-of-line to ask. The the whole paint process, from body work, to the cage and body paint, including removal of the antenna hole, etc.... was about 3k with a full disssembly of the body parts, engine bay pics, etc.

The shop has really gone above my expectations. They have added some nices touches to it. The process has been just over a month with the car been down for a bit because they were not going to release the car over until they fixed the problem with the hood ends!!! Apprently, these hoods sometimes come with a slight warp in the ends by the windshield. No biggie, but they are not happy until its 100% and thats fine by me!

Let me see,... right! Well, the car has been sitting for a year now, may was the one year mark. So i have had some time to duel on it and get some mula sorted to get the work done. The paint has been overdue, especially since the first paint job, they never did the engine bay, which was one of my "nick-picks" with the car.

The tires are a weird combo. The fronts are Falkens r-615's. They are one of the best RR/autocross,... stickiest tires you can find and very inexpensive. The thread is not only hot but very affective in getting the most grip into the turns. However, they are not meant for drag racing, as they have a stiff sidewall that wont allow as much flex as a dedicated drag tire. The rears are your basic Nitto 555r-1's. Good bit but not the best out there. However, they offer more confidence in wet conditions than any other DR out there. In actually thinkn about swaping to the newly designed MT DR, supposively they handle A'ight!! in the rain.

Also, yes, the car had the cme but the quad stye. The rear valence looked liked a skirt was on the car from different angles with didn't flow well. Soooo, that silly **** out-of here!! In actually trying to find a single piece rear valence and some tips that go well with it. I love the look of cme on a camaro with an SS spoiler, just not there yet.

So, thanks again fella's!!! This build really isn't as expensive as anyone might think. Its more motivation and the realistic thought that you probabaly wont get any wealth from it unless you think a smile on your face everything you start her up is wealth, like i do. Anyone can do it if you focus on it and not let reason get it the way!!!

lateZ!

disregard my grammer, i suck at typing and spellchekin'!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

awesome!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

but where exactly did you buy the tires from? (falkens)
Old 06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Looks great! the only thing i will recommend is that you get rid of the quad exhaust in the back, it looks like overkill IMO. Now if you had the dual CME then that would be a different story. But yeah, the car looks amazing!
/agreed
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

thats damn good job for what you paid, congrats on the car man. coming along well
Old 06-04-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

double post!!

Last edited by obZidian; 06-06-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

oh, sorry folks.... i posted to this already...

Um, let me see. Right!! I got the tires from discount tires. I got them for a good price as these tires are naturally priced very well, considering how good they really are.

The exhaust is getting fixed. It doesn't have the rear valence on there so it does look weird. I might go to a stock SS one piece CME with two oval'd tips, but time will tell!

Good news, i just saved a crap load by switching to Gieco!! Nah, the remainder of turbo kit is in shipment, so the car is almost done.

laterZ!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that switching to the SS spoiler was a great idea... bad *** looking car...