Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Maaco???? need opinions......

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default macco paint!

most guys say macco sucks, but yet they never have tried to have there car's painted there. Here is an example of macco paint, my car just got out of paint a few days ago!
so unless they have tried it before dont take there word for it! also every macco paint place is different the one by my house is really good i have had three cars painted there!

if you have not tried it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the shop and ask for examples 100 dollars verse their 1000 dollars jobs you get what you pay for!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

My dad had a couple of cars painted at Macco by a friend of his who worked there, honestly they didn't look too bad but then again both of them were white. He sold them shortly after to make a quick buck so I have now idea how well the paint held up. While his cars were being painted I was able to go on a nice tour of the place with his friend, my god I've never seen so much body filler being slung around and half assed bodywork being performed in my life, that place really scared me. On a side note my dads friend only worked there for about a year before being offered a job elsewhere, it seems the good ones don't last long.

I wouldn't go there unless I knew the painter really well and knew he could do a good job but I'd be really nervous about a full respray in a dark color.

Do as much of the prep work and masking as you can and strip down the car as much as possible(taillights, emblems, etc), you never know it might not turn out too bad since you know the guy and you aren't opting for the budget cheapo paintjob.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

woops forgot about this thread

yeah its a friend of mine who works there, he repainted his t/a there as well. i was gonna do most of the prep and have him do the paint at the shop and a clear coat or 2.

like i sad its just to get the fender and hood painted mostly. im going to be doing an airbrush paint job on it in about 2 yrs.

-brandon
Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen some good maco paint jobs. Its all about what you want and what your willing to pay for. If you just go in and tell them you want your car paint, that is exactly what they will do paint your car with little or no prep just spray it. It also helps to know someone at the shop or seen some of there decent work. Maaco is just like any other paint shop there are good ones and there are bad ones. So maacos have some real top notch painters that if your willing to pay they can do an awesome paint job but its not the $399 special you see on tv.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

how does the macco 550 doller job look?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

They replaced the drivers door and rocker panel on my Altima. Gave the car to me with the following;
1. Levi pant-leg marking in the freshly painted rocker panel.
2. I could not open the door initially since they closed the door while the paint was wet.
3. Interior was covered in the sanding dust. They gave it to me like this..?..

I would not give them any more business. They just want your money and send you on your way.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the luck of the draw. I took a 55 chevy drag car (see attached) to a Macco and both the prep work and paint turned out great. I was floored because of their reputation for crappy work and mine turned out fine.
A friend took his car to the same place a few years later and they wanted to hire him to paint cars when he told them he had done a few his self. They said they could not find anyone worth a darn to prep or paint.
I figure I got lucky on that one.
Attached Thumbnails Maaco???? need opinions......-1frt55.jpg  

Last edited by TT632; 06-21-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

if you are gona do some airbrushing on the car in a few years. don't waste the money on painting the whole car, what if the clear starts peeling after u get the airbrushing done. you will be really pissed and then have to fix that custom airbrush job. i say just paint the hood and fender and wait on the rest till then. just my .02

Quick Reply: Maaco???? need opinions......