Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

bent panhard bar bracket

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bent panhard bar bracket

I spun out in the rain at 40 mph and went over a median after i spun a 180 and hit the passager rear tire and i eneded up bending my panhard bar bracket and was wondering if there was anything i could do to easily fix it or if i need to just take it to a shop. The rear end is pushed over at least an inch and a half so the wheel is rubbing. the bracket is bent and a little twisted.

i would post a pic but i cant figure it out this is my first post so if someone tells me how i can post a few.

Last edited by fritzthelion; 05-22-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude I know exactly what your saying. I spun out once at like sixty and hit a curb with the passenger rear tire. Bent the same thing and after I took it to the shop they told me I bent the frame, axle, axle tube, and where the rim boltd on. Plus that bracket for the PHR. You also might want to check the bar above the PHR as I bent that also. In the end it cost me $1100 to fix and I still have dents in the rear quarter panel. I say tow it to a respectable shop and hope for the best. They were able to straighten my frame. Good luck.
Jeremy

To post pics, upload them to photobucket then copy the IMG tag and paste it in your post or you could just post the image URL.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bar above the panhard bar is bent but besides that nothing elese looks like it got damaged i think my frame looks good but i guess i dunno for sure and i have no dents luckly i think when i hit the rear tire i the car jumped the median it was one that was in a left turn lane so it wasnt super wide.

Quick Reply: bent panhard bar bracket