Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Best clear to put on a car

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007 | 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro-Mo
Good luck man, sounds like some really cool colors. Be sure to keep us posted with your results.

i had ghost designs Here is my Ta that was same color
Old 07-01-2007 | 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Are those like ghosted smoke wicks? I am currently painting my car with sikkens, It was black so i just decided to go deep black it looks ten times deeper than the stock colors and i will be doing true fire on the ram air scoops and coming out the heat extractors. Ill post all the pics when its done its all taken apart and looks like *** right now.
Old 07-01-2007 | 11:04 PM
Teching In

sikkens is awesom stuff....i spray chromaclear everyday and its great stuff,7779s is myfavorite but i believe they took it off the market for the time being because of some problems,the 7900 series is good stuff for a really good price and uv protection.....chromapremier clearcoat is the freaking MONEY. that stuff is awesome. ppg makes great clear as well. just dont spray nason or omni-zero uv protection and its just a really hard clear that i have grown to hate. i saw someone mention that some clear isnt show quality clear, with initial spray i would agree with you, but if need be i can wetsand and buff the crappiest Nason clearcoat to shine like some spieshecker/sikkens clearcoat. its all about the painter and whats done afterwards,if anything. thats all my personal opinion. crappy materials can come out looking good with alot of finish work, but its alot nicer to just have to do it once.

this it the last thing i painted with nason base and clear..extra paint lying around, this was a tank for the owners bike. didnt wetsand or buff this at all. came out great and not a single piece of dirt. got lucky on that part.

chromaclear without ever touching the car with a piece of paper or buffer afterwards. this vette was blinding....

my daily after i got hit and had to repair, with chromaclear. its simply one of the best all around clears for price and quality.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 07-01-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2007 | 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

ok that looks real good man i cant wait till i get good like that im a fair painter but shooting clear im a bad *** its very rare i get runs or dry spots most. far as body work im like a d+ lol i hate it like i try and still can see waves or dimple **** killin me i think like once or twice it was damn good now its like i just stay away from it or get someone else to do it.and im getting all the tools together so hopefully ill get better or it will be some shinny *** dents lol

Quick Reply: Best clear to put on a car