Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

my little rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007 | 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Default my little rant

sooo, after hitting a pole, at about 3mph, i took my car to a local body shop that does very respectable work. its been there for 2-3weeks which was double what i was quoted for time, no big deal. now, i went there yesterday to check out the car, everything lines up very well, but they didn't blend the drivers fender/door so the front bumper is a completely different shade of silver than the rest of the car....so basically the car will sit in the shop again until they can fix that..
Old 06-30-2007 | 01:58 PM
On The Tree

its not that uncommon to not blend when painting a front/rear bumper... They rarely match from factory because the are painted seperately from the cars. Silvers are one of the most notiable as well as white pearls. Now on your original estimate did it say anything about blending time?
Old 07-01-2007 | 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by davidfre21
its not that uncommon to not blend when painting a front/rear bumper... They rarely match from factory because the are painted seperately from the cars. Silvers are one of the most notiable as well as white pearls. Now on your original estimate did it say anything about blending time?

hellll yeah it did, thats why i was pissed
Old 07-01-2007 | 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

well, give them a chance to fix it. I can be a pushover sometimes with small crap at a paint shop, but if the color is noticably different, thats not acceptable.

The shop I went to was able to match my door to the rest of the car.... but hten again They had repainted my whole car less than 3 years ago.

Quick Reply: my little rant