Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Got some paint work in progress...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some paint work in progress...

Took the Trans-Am over to my friend’s house the other day to start some body work. Some one hit and ran in a parking lot, spider webbed my whole nose cone, and then I needed to fix some dents in the ¼’s. as well as replace the driver side door, which got cracked a while back. Here are the pictures.
Driver side door off

Nose all D/A’ed

Got a bit artsy

Car also had a lot of rust in the rocker, all surface but a little work that had been botched up before, but we took care of it ( notice the weld and bondo, not us, that’s what we found.)

Got the new door on, not quite finished fitting it. Got the door for 50 bucks.

Then the dents in the rear quarters.

We sprayed today, its all done besides final assembly of the door guts, and the wetsanding/buffing... I didn't have my camera today so I couldn't grab any pictures, but the paint layed down beautifully
Old 06-30-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

its coming along nicely.. did you have some chips on the cornors of the drivers door is that why it is sanded there? if so hows he going to match that little area with the rest of the car? just curious.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

The door was taken off a wrecked car, so either during the wreck, or storage/transportation of the door, the paint got chipped up pretty badly..

The whole door was a different color, the white had some more blue hue to it, but then again, my cars got 150k miles on the paint and that one had under 40k, so the door had to be repainted anyways, so standard blending procedures apply..
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Video for reference..