Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

how much am i looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much am i looking at?

i have a black ws6 paint is perfect but i want a graphite grey paint job, but i want every inch of the car repainted door jams and engine bay. i also want a three stage paint and vary deep looking clear coat. how much do you think im going to pay?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

$8-10 K depending on the shop. Pulling the motor and doing the engine bay is REALLY going to add to the cost, not to mention the jambs and hatch area. Also if you want it really "deep" they're going to have to wetsand and polish which is going to jack up the cost.

Good Luck,

Bryan
Old 07-22-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks
Old 07-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by parbreak
$8-10 K depending on the shop. Pulling the motor and doing the engine bay is REALLY going to add to the cost, not to mention the jambs and hatch area. Also if you want it really "deep" they're going to have to wetsand and polish which is going to jack up the cost.

Good Luck,

Bryan

Ive been told by paintshops that you dont need to pull the engine to paint the bay. They can use airbrushes to get into the engine bay with out pulling it. there might me be some stuff that needs to be moved. I was quoted 2 grand from a change using PPG paint.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok first a graphite color is not a three stage its a two three stage are candys and pearls and your prolly look'n at about 5ish depending on shop we charge for paint then we charge 50 bucks labor hour so where ever you go ask for a labor hour rate and ask them to keep a tap on how many hours they actually work on it most shops will try to screw you over on price and you can get a deep look without wetsanding and buffing just alot harder and 99 percent of shops will not charge extra for that and it they do they are just try'n to get more money off of you
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Restricted User

DUDE...PUNCTUATION PLEASE!!!!!

If you are going with grey anyway, you could just have them spray everything BUT the engine bay, then just do the engine bay yourself in flat black. That would look great and very custom-like on a grey car. Not to mention the flat paint would be very easy for even a novice to work with.

Just a thought.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was going to do a black ceta, and then black bird stripes on the hood. so i will brobly leave the engine bay black.

i stuck between a gloss, semi-gloss, or a flat black ceta
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

If going for the look that we are thinking that you are looking for, I would agree with Parbreak of the $8-10 k price, even upwards of $15k with the higher line of shops and paint materials available