Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint door handles/ t bar/ mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paint door handles/ t bar/ mirrors?

hey everyone i was woundering something. my cars a 1994 z28. ive decided my car is getting painted electron blue with red grand sport stripes and a satin black berger panel. the stripes are going to be dusted on with red so they only appear with good light. my quesiton is do all of you think i should paint the mirrors door, handles, the roof bar, and all the thing electron blue except on the bumper cover around the lights and grill opening(that will be left black), or leave it the original way leave all the stuff black and just paint the body electron blue?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most 98-02 had painted mirrors and door handles. The roof bar on my 00 is black. I did not like it at first, but it helps blend the t-tops and rear glass. So I've decided to leave it. Do you like the factory look now? If not change it, a professional will remove things like mirrors and door handles on a complete, custom paint job! I do see some cars that have what I call too much "kitty litter" and it takes away from what could have been nice and tasteful. If you're into the MTV Pimp My Ride look (I'm not because it is just a fad that comes and goes like the wind or "spinners".), then go for it.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the handles is it probably
Old 08-18-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im doing all the work myself. i do paint and body work for a living. the whole care will be stripped except the interior basically. all the jams, the engine bay, underneath the car, and everything is getting painted. i do like the factory apperance but if any of you have seen the electron blue fikse camaro it has painted roof bar, mirrors and handles. the reason im confused is because i want to keep around the headlights black and the grill area black because it will look stupid one color. so im curious if everyone thinks it will still look good electron blue roof bar door handles and mirrors if the bumper cover has those black parts