Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

To All You Paint Experts................

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All You Paint Experts................

I have a white 01 ws6 paint is like new.I would like to get a pearl spray like a blue/purle shade,could that go over what I have now or would I have to get a whole new paint job,around how much would a job like that cost????? Also I`m in the dayton ohio area so if anyone knows of any good shops around let me know,thanks
Attached Thumbnails To All You Paint Experts................-trans-am-nationals-018.jpg  

Last edited by pirhana; 08-27-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

YES THAT CAN GO OVER WHAT YOU HAVE. TELL THE SHOP THAT IS GOING TO DO IT TO DO A SPRAYOUT CARD WITH THAT ARTIC WHITE AS A BASE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE. i WOULD STILL DO THE DOOR JAMS AND STUFF LIKE THAT.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Launching!

yea its possiblt to do, and the price depends on the mehtond they use to get the pearl in there, some places may put the pearl in the clear and just scuff up your clear and put the pearl clear over it, its not the best way, but its cheaper and it works, and definately do the jams
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

yeah if the place does it right they will just wetsand the car to knock out the texture, and put the pearl in the clear. using scuff pads is a real half *** way of doing it even tho its quick and a lot of shops do it.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
yeah if the place does it right they will just wetsand the car to knock out the texture, and put the pearl in the clear. using scuff pads is a real half *** way of doing it even tho its quick and a lot of shops do it.
If they do it right they should sand the car and mix up some binder/balancer with no color for a basecoat and put the pearl in that. Then clear the car, this way when you wetsand the car you are not sanding the pearl in the clear.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94redz28
If they do it right they should sand the car and mix up some binder/balancer with no color for a basecoat and put the pearl in that. Then clear the car, this way when you wetsand the car you are not sanding the pearl in the clear.
thats how id do it, add the pearl to a colorless base, and spray it over a 1000grit sanded car and clear