Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Body panel gaps

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body panel gaps

I just got my car back from the bodyshop and none of the body panels were lined up right. I had work done on the front end of the car and now all of my gaps between the panels are screwed up. When i complained about this, i was told that the gaps are off straight from the factory and all camaros and t/a's have sloppy gaps and there's no way to adjust them to look right. Is there any truth to this?

I'll try to get some pics up as soon as i can
Old 09-14-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like someone doesnt want to do anymore work!!! You can always get gaps to line up on anything!! It just might take a little more work on some vehicles then others!! Thats like saying a monkey cant sling ****!!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a few gaps in my car pretty easy to correct, they're just talking bollocks!
MY hood & rear hatch weren't aligned properly when i got the car pretty east to fix just takes some time to adjust it, my passenger door also sits a little high but i don't wanna tackle that on my own just yet
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

its not hard to do. i had to adjust some panels when i put my hood on. you can do it yourself if you wanted

Quick Reply: Body panel gaps