Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???

I am talking about completely changing the look of them for instance make the space look like the new corvette projector headlights via bodywork or the slp headlights etc.. post pics!

Not looking for stuff on replacing the bulbs or hella housings etc. And for clarification I am not talking about the light output but the physical space on the car.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somone on here did, they used circle headlights

Make a post for pics in the appearance section
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

yeah they did the hella 90mm conversion but thats not what the guys looking for. hes woundering if someone has ever made a headlight for the car that looks like the c6 headlights or has done some fabrication to get a different headlight in the car
Old 09-23-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

With the stock lights there isnt enough room around them to make a shroud like the new Vetts have. Unless your talking about moving the lights forward and filling the entire light erea flush like the Vettes..... IMO that would look like ***. Try to get someone to photoshop it for you before you jack up your car.

I think the best looking set up is the kit that uses the two small round lights,
it makes the LT1 Camaros look mean as hell.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
With the stock lights there isnt enough room around them to make a shroud like the new Vetts have. Unless your talking about moving the lights forward and filling the entire light erea flush like the Vettes..... IMO that would look like ***. Try to get someone to photoshop it for you before you jack up your car.

I think the best looking set up is the kit that uses the two small round lights,
it makes the LT1 Camaros look mean as hell.
I have seen the piaa kit (round housings) and can't say it really flows with the car. The hella conversion looks good though. I'm not talking about moving the lights forward just making something similar to lets say a ferrari 360 modena headlight housing with projector bulbs. I'll try to get a pic of what I am talking about.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you REALLY want to do something, there's not really anything stopping you, other than time and money...

For example, rebodying the Fiero is pretty common, and they use all kinds of lights instead of the old square pop-ups. Lights from Saturn, the Corvette, 300ZX, and even the NSX are used in kits. It involves reshaping the nose and hood areas. Or if you want round, consider mid-90s RX7 lights.

What I find amusing is that the Camaro and the Fiero are constructed very similarly - SMC or urethane panels over a unibody. But Fiero guys go completely nuts with body mods (like headlights and panel replacements), but F-body guys don't.

Anyhow, here's a few pics, of NSX, Corvette, Celica, and RX7 lights on Fieros. Maybe it gives you ideas... maybe not.

The white choptop is NSX, the primer car is Corvette, the Celicas are huge and triangular (ick), and the RX7 are the small round ones.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???-dscn2312.jpg   Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???-dscn2376c.jpg   Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???-dcp_0015_2_1.jpg   Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???-incar2.jpg   Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???-troyboy_chop_front_1sm.jpg  

Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Launching!

thanks camaroholic - the corvette lights I think could be persuaded to work and I think they would look really good as well as update the front of the ol lt1. I always like the lt1 camaro frontend much more than the ls1 (imho the only thing making the lt1 look a little dated is the lights and if that could be updated I could see myself driving this car for a long time - an excellent exterior design on the part of GM same goes for the formula).

I agree with you that the fiero guys go nuts vs. fbody guys but as far as body the only change I would make on my car would be flared fenders other than that I think it looks great as is. I couldn't say the same for the fiero and it looks most who own one can't either lol

Quick Reply: Anyone Modify 93-97 Camaro Headlights (Fiberglass/Bondo etc.)???